• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gain on ALR UST Screen?

MaxMan

Novice Member
Hello,

Mentioned on the Optoma UHZ65UST owners thread but thought it would deserve a thread as it more on screens and gains.

At a bit of a quandary, I have purchased a Sapphire UST ALR Screen for use with a new UST projector however having concerns, the gain is 0.42 which from my understanding means that 42% of the light from projector will reflect, I hear there is a pro being the contrast appears better with lower gain however I am debating switching and getting the XY screen instead which has a gain of 0.8.

This is mostly going to be used as a TV replacement in a room with some ambient light (no direct sunlight on screen other than overhead lights).

Just wondering if a) what I heard about gain is correct and b) xy sounds like a good screen however keen to hear other options also.

Thanks

Aaron

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom