1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gain and Cut Off settings for Barco 701s?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Messiah, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Could anyone be so good as to tell me what Red and Blue Gain and Cut Off settings they are using / I should be using (at least as a starting point) on my Barco 701s.

Looking at how these alter the picture I think the existing settings may be the reason for the lack of detail in the black areas.

Grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

Neil

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Come on guys. Surely there are some other 701 users out there? :confused:

3. Charlie Whitehouse

Charlie Whitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neil,

I'm not sure of the value of sharing settings on this because I suspect they vary hugely from unit to unit. You really need someone equipped with a colorimeter (like Gordon or Roland) to set these correctly so that the projector tracks the colour of grey properly.

For the record, my Cine 7 currently has the following settings:-

Custom White (Gain):
    R:20 B:57 G:11

Custom Black (Cutoff):
    R:60 B:25 G:59

But I suspect these could be tweaked a bit more. If you change brightness or contrast, these settings all need to be changed again.

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Charlie, appreciated. I recognise every setup will be different but at least I know I'm in the right ball park, as it were.

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Gain and cut of ajustments are made per source and per frequency more as a correction for video sources and cables than any thing else.
    They are used to adjust the colour balance of the black (cut off ) and white (gain).

They would have to be masively out to reduce the detail in lowlights. I would set the greengain and cut off to 50 and adjust the R&B gain for mid to high grey scale and do the same with cut off for mid to low light grey scale. but as i say you will have to do this for all source and frequency changes individually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.