Gadmei TV-5821E - PS2 > Monitor

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by .hack, Apr 27, 2007.

1. .hack

.hack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Amazon.co.uk

There were lots of people who wanted to use their SD consoles without a TV - Posting this for those people.

Now, onto the problem...

This is advertised as being sold with 1 S video / Composite MMI cable (what you'll need to use your composite and S-Video cables with)...the MMI cable is falsly advertised, the MMI cable only comes with composite connections.

Does anyone know where to find one these S-Video MMI things?

Oh, and ignore the 1 star review soon to be on the site, I was a little quick on the trigger when first trying it. :devil:

2. matm00

matm00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought one of these and as far as I can tell the MMI lead that comes supplied only supports composite (video through one single phono plug), or S-Video. For the sound it also has left and right audio phono plugs. I've got it working using the composite connection, but I'd like to see if I can improve the quality of the picture by using either a PS2 > S-Video lead, which I can plug into the existing MMI lead, or by getting a new MMI lead that will accept component (Y-Pb-Pr) input. Does anyone know where I can get either of these?

3. deudonne

deudonne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i need one too

this is on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MMI-AV-Cable-...hash=item320188352747&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

however i just looked through my wires box and i found a 'component and s-video out' to 'nine pin' din/mmi (looks exactly the same as the one in the ebay picture') - i think it must have come with an old motherboard or graphics card -- i wonder if it'll work with the gadmei TV 5821G i've just ordered (from the only online store to stock it - wonder if it'll ever arrive to be honest).

Will post when i find out - becuase that'll mean that its a generic rather than proprietary connection/cable.

It does have a small label on each of the component wires saying 'Y OUT' etc - and i'm aiming to use it as a YPbPr or S-Video INPUT - Are leads of this nature one-way?

D

4. KingMax

KingMax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had a Gamdei thingy a while back to connect my PS2 to my Monitor and it worked a charm!

Connected it via VGA, there's some settings for widescreen or normal view etc.

I upgraded my ps3 lead to one with an S-Video plug on the end and it was a better picture. Got it off amazon for around £5, they're easy to find. It's all pretty straight forward to connect.