Gadget show guides joe blogs...

andythescientis

Not sure if it's been mentioned but....

They had the samsung Blu-Ray player on the gadget show last night, in a section about must have xmas gadgets.

General consensus from the panel (was a sort of daft competition) was that the picture was very good, the price was way to high, and you're best of waiting for a PS3 or until dual players are released before getting into the market. They did mention HD-DVD but didn't make any real comparisions other than to say there were two competing formats. They seemed a bit down on the whole idea of HD disc formats, or at least that's the impression i got.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but....

They had the samsung Blu-Ray player on the gadget show last night, in a section about must have xmas gadgets.

General consensus from the panel (was a sort of daft competition) was that the picture was very good, the price was way to high, and you're best of waiting for a PS3 or until dual players are released before getting into the market. They did mention HD-DVD but didn't make any real comparisions other than to say there were two competing formats. They seemed a bit down on the whole idea of HD disc formats, or at least that's the impression i got.

They have been very excited about Hi-Def DVD in past episodes. I just don't think they liked this particular Blue_Ray player.

Its nice to see the wii won over hd ! Just shows how people view each device. Remember its not a serious show :D
The Wii would win with me as well. Realistically, I should be able to sell the Blue-Ray player to buy 2 or 3 or even 4 Wii's, but I actually doubt that I could sell it to get 2 wii's.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I look forward to the next series when they do a BD vs HD-DVD stand-off. Don't think I'll learn anything but it'd be interesting to hear their take on the HD format wars.

I look forward to the next series when they do a BD vs HD-DVD stand-off. Don't think I'll learn anything but it'd be interesting to hear their take on the HD format wars.
I'll bet they get most their info off their forums! Or even our forums.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom