Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Preview

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I think it has quite a nice style to it in fairness, but that's personal preference I suppose. Do you know if there will still be an Android version coming out, or will it be limited to iOS?

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
I think it has quite a nice style to it in fairness, but that's personal preference I suppose. Do you know if there will still be an Android version coming out, or will it be limited to iOS?
I believe the plan is still to release on Android too, thankfully.

* Mental note upon seeing your avatar - must replay DoTT *

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I believe the plan is still to release on Android too, thankfully.

* Mental note upon seeing your avatar - must replay DoTT *
There was a community remake happening at one point, I believe - not sure what happened/is happening in that regard!

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
There was a community remake happening at one point, I believe - not sure what happened/is happening in that regard!
I didn't know that. A quick Google seems to show it's gone a bit quiet. Pity, as that's the kind of title I think would benefit greatly from updated visuals, as long as they kept the original's absurdity.

It'll be interesting to see how the Grim Fandango HD remake is received. I'm hoping it opens the door for others, but that could just be wishful thinking.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I didn't know that. A quick Google seems to show it's gone a bit quiet. Pity, as that's the kind of title I think would benefit greatly from updated visuals, as long as they kept the original's absurdity.

It'll be interesting to see how the Grim Fandango HD remake is received. I'm hoping it opens the door for others, but that could just be wishful thinking.
Having drastically fallen out of love with games, in favour of films/box sets, these sorts of games - including remakes - are more to my liking, being story driven and not 'twitch' as it were.

But you know it'd lead to someone suing the maker for putting a hamster in the freezer, don't you? ;) I do get how some visuals wouldn't translate so well into a newer style, but more like Broken Sword, Dreamfall etc... yes please! Grim Fandango should be good - I never played the original (for my sins!).

I also liked Sanitarium (Sanitarium (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) which would re-make really well I think. Completely bonkers and creepy, but worth a look if you can find it, at least in my opinion.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
Having drastically fallen out of love with games, in favour of films/box sets, these sorts of games - including remakes - are more to my liking, being story driven and not 'twitch' as it were.

But you know it'd lead to someone suing the maker for putting a hamster in the freezer, don't you? ;) I do get how some visuals wouldn't translate so well into a newer style, but more like Broken Sword, Dreamfall etc... yes please! Grim Fandango should be good - I never played the original (for my sins!).

I also liked Sanitarium (Sanitarium (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) which would re-make really well I think. Completely bonkers and creepy, but worth a look if you can find it, at least in my opinion.
I still favour narrative driven games too. Though I'm yet to be totally convinced of playing point-and-click stuff on touch devices, I do find they sit really well on handheld consoles, and I remain hopeful they'll continue to make a comeback.

I never played Sanitarium - it looks right up my street.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I still favour narrative driven games too. Though I'm yet to be totally convinced of playing point-and-click stuff on touch devices, I do find they sit really well on handheld consoles, and I remain hopeful they'll continue to make a comeback.

I never played Sanitarium - it looks right up my street.
It worked on the DSi XL (Broken Sword), because of the stylus type of point and click. I agree on regular touch, but if they get it right, it'll be great. A hint of half-assed implementation, well, we know what happens there.

If you do find Sanitarium - make sure it has the scenario two bug-fix. Else you'll get a bit stuck! The game has a dark charm to it, at a time when all point and click adventures were crazy and zany. It's a bit weird in itself at times, but definitely a cool story if you can give it a go - don't google screens too much as they will give away the plot.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Nice review thank you, is it really 20 years !!! I hope they do an updated version of The Beast Within I enjoyed that game much more than this one...

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Wow! What a blast from the past these screenshots are!

Zakblue

OMG i loved this game! great music and epic opening sequence and such a unique game/story and playing and experience. 'cabrit sans cor' !!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom