1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA3 Hue and Saturation/OPC

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by richjthorpe, Mar 15, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the Hue and Saturation levels change ? When playing around I didn't notice much although I did only change a couple. Are there any tests cards to change these values at all ?

Also, the OPC. I think it's a good idea if only it worked. If there are any Sharp technicians/analysts/R&D around here, why not put a low, low-mid, mid, mid-high and high options on this to cater for all users taste. At the moment it seems to be set to high and goes too dark when the lights are turned off/low.

Richie.

2. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe hue only works with NTSC (never twice the same color)

Saturation is colour gain - if you turn it right down you get black and white.

My OPC seems unstable at low light levels - the screen keeps stepping up and down in brightness so I don't use it. Needs more hysteresis & damping in the software. Some user options for the OPC would have been nice - eg. max, min and damping.

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I thought this was the 'Value' options. If you turn all of these down, don't you get B&W also ?