GA-E7AUM-DS2H Audio Setup

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by jameson_uk, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I have HDMI audio now working but I am not sure how it all fits together...

Is the RealTek stuff actually being used at all when I am using HDMI audio and the NVidia HD audio is completely seperate or are they related?

Can I use both the optical out and HDMI out for audio ?? or is it one or the other ??

Finally how can I tweak the output? Ideally I want stereo music to come out as stereo, TV stereo to end up as pro-logic (as it would over SP/DIF) but for HD audio to get passed as multi-channel LPCM. Confused as to where to change any settings (there does not appear to be anywhere...)

Speaking of which does anyone know what outputs are supported via the NVidia HDMI controller? Does it output 44.1Khz and 48Khz without playing with it?

2. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Realtek HD audio manager is where the Realktek stuff happens - or perhaps not quite, as I don't *think* it will do Pro-logic, but you can set up your speaker types, distances etc. in there. Not sure about the nvidia side of things though, sorry.

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    This is what has kinda confused me... I seem to remember reading that the ATI cards basically used the Realtek chip to get HD audio out. But with the 9400 I am not sure (and have read conflicting things about) whether the NVidia HD controller is completely seperate from the Realtek one.

I don't really want to use the Realtek thing anyway as playback is limited to 48Khz which screws up music and some DTS

4. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    bump. anyone know how it all fits together?

5. belongamick

belongamick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, did you find out any more info about his?

I have the same motherboard and have the following issue described in full at below link - any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...longamicks-first-htpc-build.html#post10651807

After weeks of messing around with my HTPC I am now have the following software installed:

Windows XP SP3
    Mediaportal 1.0.2
    FFDShow
    CoreAVC
    TMT
    AC3filter
    Reclock

I have spent way too much time trying to resolve the following issue. I can't seem to get perfectly smooth playback of 24p movies with audio in sync. I can either get one or the other i.e. perfect video or in sync audio. Every other speed works fine e.g. pal 50, htsc 60.

If I set my TV to 1080p 24hz and use Reclock I get pefectly smooth video playback but the audio (only seems to effect AC3 not DTS) is out of SYNC. I can get in sync audio by increaseing the output to TV to 25hz but this results in jerkly playback.

So, I have found myself adjusting the delay in AC3filter to compensate. This works OK but is not perfect as any change I make to the delay adversly affects either AC3 or DTS audio depending in which way I go i.e. I can't set it so both are perfect.

I have scoured the net for days on this, and did find a post about Reclock not working correctly when using onboard video and audio cards - so maybe thats the problem.

If anyone out there knows something I can try I would be very grateful - I think I have tried pretty much every setting combination in AC3filter & FFDSHOW and Reclock and I close to loosing my mind :)

Cheers,
    Belongamick