Question GA-B75-D3V to Onkyo TX-SR508

Mahalka

Hello and happy new year to all! Can someone help me with my problem? How to connect GIGABYTE GA-B75-D3V to my Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver? I know is stupid question, but I am really lost because I don`t know which cables to buy so I can get sound from 3.5mm plugs on mobo(I have 2 more in front of Case) to my receiver for 5.1 or 7.1?
Thanks in advance!
6460_src.jpg ONKYO TX-SR508_BACKjpg.jpg

D

Deleted member 39241

You have a few options. Easiest is one of these from the green audio output into a stereo analog input on to the AVR:

Amazon product
This will only give you stereo sound though, but you could apply an upmixer if you have a surround sound set-up.

You could try a DVI to HDMI cable / adapter from the onboard DVI output. Some PC DVI ports carry sound, but not all, and I don't know if yours does. You could give it a try with one of these and an HDMI cable:

Amazon product
Option 3 is to add a graphics card with an HDMI output that can carry both video and multi channel audio, such as this:

MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB DDR3 Low Profile Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com

Mahalka

You have a few options. Easiest is one of these from the green audio output into a stereo analog input on to the AVR:

Amazon product
This will only give you stereo sound though, but you could apply an upmixer if you have a surround sound set-up.

You could try a DVI to HDMI cable / adapter from the onboard DVI output. Some PC DVI ports carry sound, but not all, and I don't know if yours does. You could give it a try with one of these and an HDMI cable:

Amazon product
Option 3 is to add a graphics card with an HDMI output that can carry both video and multi channel audio, such as this:

MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB DDR3 Low Profile Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com
This is my GA-B75-D3V (rev. 1.2) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
just need help with plug in to Onkyo if i get 3.5mm jacks, or is better to buy a S/PDF out sound card ?
and this is my Graphic card https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-580-8g-g5
but when i use HDMI i can not get voices on movies only sounds and when testing, back left and right surround speakers can hear from front and back, i have tried all options on my receiver, so looking for option from my mobo, because there was surround with my old 5.1 system!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 39241

Ah, okay. In that case, use an HDMI cable from the graphics card to the AVR. Are you using Windows? If so, set the sound settings to use the HDMI audio and set it to stereo in Windows.

What software are you using to play movies? You need to look in the audio settings and switch on HDMI audio / passthrough / bitstreaming / WASAPI and tick all of the audio codecs that your AVR supports.

Mahalka

Ah, okay. In that case, use an HDMI cable from the graphics card to the AVR. Are you using Windows? If so, set the sound settings to use the HDMI audio and set it to stereo in Windows.

What software are you using to play movies? You need to look in the audio settings and switch on HDMI audio / passthrough / bitstreaming / WASAPI and tick all of the audio codecs that your AVR supports.
Windows 10, PotPlayer, PowerDVD and yes i tried setting from players, but no difference!
P.S. If I set it to Stereo, how I can get 5.1 or 7.1 sound from PC?

D

Deleted member 39241

Windows 10, PotPlayer, PowerDVD and yes i tried setting from players, but no difference!
P.S. If I set it to Stereo, how I can get 5.1 or 7.1 sound from PC?
How have you got things connected at the moment?

If you set windows as multi channel, it will always send multi channel audio and if the originating audio is stereo, it will send silence to the empty channels. Your AVR will then think it is getting multi channel audio (it is but some channels will just be silence) and then you will not get the option to upmix stereo.

I am not familiar with Pot Player or Power DVD, you need to configure the audio output settings to use HDMI bitstreaming, these options are called different things in different players. Probably best to check the wiki for those players.

Do you use Kodi?

Mahalka

Yes, I use Kodi, but it is not my default player. How to do it with Kodi or other player that you use? Thanks. My tv is Samsung 55 inch JS9000 with oneconnect box

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom