G4S - 17 out of 56

Trollslayer

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
BBC News:
"Only 17 of an expected 56 G4S staff turned up for work at an Olympic team hotel in Salford this morning"
See more here.
You would think I was making it up. :facepalm:

Totaly useless company.Knew it was going to be a disaster as soon as i heard they were going to be running it.

This is the same company that loses prisoners from vans,and lets terrorists walk through airports :(

G4S are just the old (and incompetent) Group 4, joined-to-the-hip with Securicor, combined together to become one, just as useless new company.

FWIW, G4S says 17 people turned-up, but with them, you can never be too sure. :rotfl:

Considering the amount of contracts this company has worldwide, it's pretty amazing how badly they have ****** up over their Olympic contracts! They really should lose more than the estimated £30-50 million on the contract

This company become more like HDN/Yodel every day :)

Maybe they got confused.
If someone told me I was working at the London 2012 Olympics and I had to go to Manchester, well I'd think it was a wind up and not go. :D

I think they should pay for holdiays the soldiers and their families have cancelled.
Me? Cause trouble?

I think they should pay for holdiays the soldiers and their families have cancelled.

it's ridiculous how the government tends to defecate on the police and military personnel but then expects them to fill in the gap at such short notice

Last edited:
Me? Cause trouble?

i think they are, at a cost of 50million.

How are they 'paying' though - aren't they just not taking the last 50 million they needed to pay for the extra staff they didn't hire?

I use to work for Group four - in a secure training centre. absolutly awful and useless company

This company has really had their worth shown for all to see. I would have liked to have seen a massive fine levied at them for incompetence. Surely they have defaulted on their contract for their massive failure in supplying security for 2012?
As for the man at the top, he needs to resign as well as whoever agreed to award them this very lucrative contract.

I would have liked to have seen a massive fine levied at them for incompetence. Surely they have defaulted on their contract for their massive failure in supplying security for 2012?

That may come.

Golden rule of contract gone bad is don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

It would be best to get the Olympics out the way, let G4S supply what they can and then hit them.

Hitting them hard now would risk them pulling out altogether leaving an even bigger mess.

Cheers,

Nigel

Nick Buckles will resign, be paid off, and it will all be alright again so the corrupt government including May, Herbert and Winsor can press ahead with shifting thousands of police and other organisations staff from the public to the private sector. G4S will initially get all their skills and training, done at public expense, without any investment themselves. The government get to satisfaction, public sector reduced, public pensions reduced, private sector to the rescue with thousands of jobs created.

What did anyone expect with the Olympic thing? Just a load students and people drifting around London with no proper employment being given a uniform and superficial training in order to be employed for a few weeks.

I understand that they have made a complete mess of contrcats they undertook. However, logec? or whover they are, originally ordered something like 3000, and only asked G4S to increase to 10,000 in Nov 2011!!!! So I think they never stood a chance to be ready. There was a goos inteview with a security expert on BBC news the other night, I'll try to find it. It was his opinion there were only 2 security companies in the world big enough for the task, and G4S isn't oen of them.

Theresa May is like a modern day King Midas - except everything she touches turns to poo.

Can't believe that she is still around - must have some serious dirt on Cameron.

Cheers,

Nigel

G4S have been very cute in recruiting quite a number of infuential people at the top, ex senior police etc. who have all the right contacts which obviously buys them credability and influence. This is not high level security we are talking about however, it will be all the minions showing folks to the seats and toilets. The master plan and the real security will be going on at a different level.

We all know companies like G4S only get their contracts from the governments/companies etc due to total corruption and greed from our politicians. After all the shocking things that happened with Group 4 in the old days you would think that something would have been done, but no, not when corrupt politicians have a hand in the company and stand to make money from kickbacks and what not.

Really this country is no different to the 3rd world countries we condem so much for their corruption, except we just hide it better.

imightbewrong said:
How are they 'paying' though - aren't they just not taking the last 50 million they needed to pay for the extra staff they didn't hire?

Yeah, the £50 million is what they will lose on the total £284 million contract

they didnt make it clear. i assume we get the 300mil back + 50mil for the army?

they have said it will cost them 50mil

Yeah, the £50 million is what they will lose on the total £284 million contract

ah. so we are still paying them the majority of the cash even though they didnt come through?

no wonder we are financially ****ed in this country

liamt said:
they didnt make it clear. i assume we get the 300mil back + 50mil for the army?

they have said it will cost them 50mil

the £50 million that will 'cost' them is not a payment, I doubt the MoD will see a penny of that.

Also, e.g. GMP have said having to guard the hotel in Salford is costing them £30k/day which is at the moment coming out of the GMP budget, no clear how much LOCOG will reimburse them, if at all

liamt said:
ah. so we are still paying them the majority of the cash even though they didnt come through?

no wonder we are financially ****ed in this country

From what I understand, they are still getting paid part of the contract, the £50 million lost will be from penalty clauses that will LOCOG invoke

From what I understand, they are still getting paid part of the contract, the £50 million lost will be from penalty clauses that will LOCOG invoke

My point is, much of that £50 million would have been paid to the security staff the have now not hired.

i.e.

imightbewrong is going to be paid £100 million to provide all the limos for the games.
Oh, he didn't provide any limos - he's not getting that £100 million, so it has 'cost' him £100 million.

A bit simplfied :p

G4S have been very cute in recruiting quite a number of infuential people at the top, ex senior police etc. who have all the right contacts which obviously buys them credability and influence. This is not high level security we are talking about however, it will be all the minions showing folks to the seats and toilets. The master plan and the real security will be going on at a different level.
They are searching bags on entry. Probably important or it wouldn't be done at all. Also isn't there a perfectly good thread in the politics section?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom