• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

G4 Mac wanting to upgrade Pagemaker????

100949football

Established Member
Hi have a G4 Tower Mac running 9.2 AND OSX 10.2.

Have files and programme Pagemaker 7 which are invaluable to me but I have to open 9.2 to use this.
I want to use OSX Tiger etc but don't see the point as I still need my historical Pagemaker files.
Unfortunately Adobe seem to have ditched loyal Pagemaker users and have no upgrade path to OSX and upwards.
It is a nuisance going back the way everytime I HAVE to use Pagemaker......anyone any sensible solution?

I want to go to an IMac but again I am prevented by the fact I can't use my old -required - historical Pagemaker files!:lesson::lesson::thumbsdow:thumbsdow

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
I have Pagemaker 6.0 running on OS 9.2 on my G4 Mac Mini 1.42 (PPC).

If you download the trial version of InDesign (as I did), you will discover that there is no problem in opening your legacy Pagemaker files.

You can upgrade for around £165 direct from Adobe.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom