1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'G4' coming to Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by PhilipVass, Apr 6, 2003.

1. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So Channel 4 are losing millions of pounds on E4 and Film Four, they want to launch a new digital channel branded "G4".Channel 4 say they could launch a free-to-air digital station called G4, targeting older viewers, to get a foot in the door of the successful Freeview offering, which offers channels such as BBC THREE and The Hits. Mark Thompson, chief executive of Channel 4, told the Financial Times: "Economically, it doesn't make sense for us to make E4 or FilmFour free-to-air right now." Freeview has been a great success, since it has been launched. But another possibility is an "E4 light" channel that would concentrate on drama, music and soaps. Sky are planning a similar strategy on Freeview. They many launch a new channel called 'Sky Two' later this year which would repalce Sky Travel as we reported here in February.

full story from http://www.freeview.co.nr/

2. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Excellent news.
    It will be nice to have a couple of extra channels.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I noticed last night that there were alot of new service coming soon titles on blank channels!
    I hope some good ones come on soon. I did an add channels and got 1 more no idea what it was though another Radio station maybe?