• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

G2 Killer Sub-Unit for Barco Data 500/800

cosaw

Established Member
Hi all,

With the recent Horizontal Deflection problems on my Barco Data 500 (800 with smaller tubes and lenses) got to thinking about spot burn and whether I had adequate fail safes against it - this being a problem on the 500/800 series.

Looked on the Focus Module 762482 and confirmed from the pcb number and a Field Service Update I read on the net (message me if you want the pdf by the way) that my module needs the G2 Killer Sub-Unit R762482s to be fully safe. Anyone with a 500 or 800 or knowledge of the problem ever fitted this G2 Killer Sub-Unit or know where to get one from and at what price?

The sub-unit only looks like a small strip of pcb perhaps about 10cm by 1.5cm thats soldered to the base pins of the connector of the G2/Focus board. Wonder if anyone has schematics or if the circuit is easy to construct diy style?

Thanks all,

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom