1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G2 Killer Sub-Unit for Barco Data 500/800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cosaw, Sep 24, 2005.

1. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all,

With the recent Horizontal Deflection problems on my Barco Data 500 (800 with smaller tubes and lenses) got to thinking about spot burn and whether I had adequate fail safes against it - this being a problem on the 500/800 series.

Looked on the Focus Module 762482 and confirmed from the pcb number and a Field Service Update I read on the net (message me if you want the pdf by the way) that my module needs the G2 Killer Sub-Unit R762482s to be fully safe. Anyone with a 500 or 800 or knowledge of the problem ever fitted this G2 Killer Sub-Unit or know where to get one from and at what price?

The sub-unit only looks like a small strip of pcb perhaps about 10cm by 1.5cm thats soldered to the base pins of the connector of the G2/Focus board. Wonder if anyone has schematics or if the circuit is easy to construct diy style?

Thanks all,

Simon