G2, JZ1500, OLED806, LG C1 or C2?

JiSingh1

Standard Member
Hello,

I keep going in circles now.

So I need a tv with good upscaling and I'm not sure which processors do this well, I know that SONY XR processors tend to be regarded the best but apparently the new chip in the C2/G2 are a big upgrade. So I'm upgrading from a 43" 768p tv.

My choices are:
55" G2 - £1200 (insiders)
65" C2 - £1840 (LG direct)
65" C1 - £1300
65" JZ1500 - £1500
65" Phillips OLED806 - £1250

Of course the jump to the C2 is huge, so I'd probably want to keep it at the cheaper scale. Not sure if it's better to go for the G2 and it's heatsink tech or if the 10" size increase to a 65" is better.

Thanks

Dodgexander

There's not a huge difference in upscaling compared to before. LG are almost caught up with the likes of Philips and Pansaonic.

Upscaling is also only used properly if you feed the TV the same signal as the source, so if you are planning to watch TV via Sky for example, you won't really be using much of the upscaling from the TV, if any at all. If using Freeview though, you will utilise the upscaling.

I'd go for the JZ1500 in your list.

JiSingh1

Standard Member
There's not a huge difference in upscaling compared to before. LG are almost caught up with the likes of Philips and Pansaonic.

Upscaling is also only used properly if you feed the TV the same signal as the source, so if you are planning to watch TV via Sky for example, you won't really be using much of the upscaling from the TV, if any at all. If using Freeview though, you will utilise the upscaling.

I'd go for the JZ1500 in your list.
Just went for the 55 G2 as my mum thought there's no use for a big tv lol and couldn't convince. Anyway, I could sell it iguess and should make money on it since it's £1200, so if I don't like it, probably get the JZ1500 as you've stated.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom