1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G2 Adjustments on a Barco 701s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Messiah, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I'm still thinking that the brightness on my 701s is not quite what it should be and I read on avsforum that someone had similar problems (with a Sony CRT I think). He resolved it by resetting the G2 levels so my question is (as I cannot find a 701s installation manual anywhere)

Where are the G2 adjustments (pots?) on a 701s?

Thanks.

2. KarlRobinson

KarlRobinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the 701 is anything like the Cine 7 then they will be just above the electronic focus. Thats on the left had side if looking front on, ceiling mounted.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Karl's correct they are just above the focus pots located on the side ( ceiling mounted looking from the fron they are on the left) which you can just get to with the cover open. the shoyuld be a black slider to expose the holes but it back when finished. I would use a plastic object to turn these post as there is 35,000 volts just the other side.

go into the service menu there should be a menu showing G2 adjustment sellect the menu.
    adjust the G2 pots untill the individual LED go out. the LEDs are situated just to the side of the green tube in the big circut board buried in the bottom (top if ceiling).

On the 701s there is no need to look into the tubes.

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks guys, I'll give it a go. Don't happen to have (or a link to) an installer manual for said pj do you :D ?

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hi guys. Thanks. Did it tonight but one question.

Is it really necessary to turn down the G2 until the green lights go out. I can still turn them up a bit further without losing the blackness and before the image looks washed out or I see the visible diagonal lines. Would it hurt the pj to turn them up a bit so the lights are still on? (and therefore have a bit more brightness)

Thanks.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Set the G2's properly using the adjusters and get the LED's out if you then need to adjust the picture use the brightness or contrast.

Setting the G2's too high will not be a happy result, the tubes will either fail early or you will recreate the black levles of a lamped projector.

With the correct video settings and cables a normal barco projector will require the brightness at 40-42 and contrast between 70-75.

7. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for hogging the thread but could you tell me how to do this on my 1209?

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Irsan start this as a new thread and I'll detail the procedure

9. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: