• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

G10 no optical output after update

mushk1n

Prominent Member
Hi all,

Just bought a G10 today and hooked it up via its optical output to provide an optical signal to my Receiver for my Xbox and PS3 (through HDMI). Just updated it to the latest firmware and have now discovered optical is no longer being received at my Receiver. I can only imagine its turned it off on the TV in a menu but cannot find where.

help please :)

cheers,

josh

M

markdj

What is the firmware version you have now? I was using 42G10 plasma with freesat and optical out is definitely working.

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Firstly you realise you will only get Stereo sound this way as 5.1 will not pass through the optical from the TV except for the inbuilt tuner :)

Check under sound in the TV menu that HDMI 1 is set to Digital & not Analogue (assuming thats the HDMI your plugged into.

If above does not work do a factory reset but you will have to re do all your settings.

M

markdj

Works fine here and firmware is the same as yours. BBC HD is broadcasting Wimbledon in Dolby Digital 5.1 on Freesat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom