G1 Power Sync available?

peterwbaker

Standard Member
Upgraded from my OLED B7 to OLED G1. The G1 now turns itself on when one of the connected HDMI devices turns on - which is OK (mostly😊) but my Satellite box does some system stuff in the middle of the night which turns the TV on! The B7 had options to turn on SimpLink (HDMI CEC) which I need and leave Power Sync turned off which worked perfectly.

The G1 options I have found only has a SimpLink (HDMI CEC) on/off with no Power Sync on/off option, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance, Peter

next010

Distinguished Member
Upgraded from my OLED B7 to OLED G1. The G1 now turns itself on when one of the connected HDMI devices turns on - which is OK (mostly😊) but my Satellite box does some system stuff in the middle of the night which turns the TV on! The B7 had options to turn on SimpLink (HDMI CEC) which I need and leave Power Sync turned off which worked perfectly.

The G1 options I have found only has a SimpLink (HDMI CEC) on/off with no Power Sync on/off option, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance, Peter

An alternate option is check your STB and disable its HDMI-CEC controls via its own settings menu.

If it has no such control then you can buy a HDMI-CEC less pass-through adapter, this disables the CEC pins so the TV cannot send/receive any CEC commands with the STB.

Don't know if they have simplified the CEC controls in WebOS on G1, maybe someone else can confirm.

aliman5000

I actually enquired about the power sync feature with LG support this week, who confirmed that it has been ‘integrated into’ the simplink switch.

The person I spoke to took my details and confirmed they would submit it to the development team so the functionality could be returned via a firmware update - not that I hold any hope this will actually happen.

peterwbaker

Standard Member
Thanks for the responses above, first attempt I got this back from LG: "All we can advise is to contact to the manufacturer of the box and see if they have any suggestions but otherwise, you may need to disconnect the box overnight from the TVs HDMI as if it is recording overnight it may be causing the TV to turn on due to this."

Not a very satisfactory:) answer when my B7 and C9 work correctly with Power Sync & devices, I have asked them to think again! Lets see what they say, in the mean time I have brought the HDMI-CEC less adaptor and will try it when it arrives. Regards, Peter

peterwbaker

Standard Member
Confirmation in case any one else comes across this problem the HDMI-CEC Less adapter recommended by @next010 has fixed the problem of the TV turning on:). Still chasing LG to see if they can do it in "software", Regards, Peter

peterwbaker

Standard Member
Solution received from LG today, with no other menu items open press the <mute> key three times and a hidden menu appears! You can unselect/select Power Sync. Neat, well pleased with LG support for finding this and letting me know:) Peter

aliman5000

Solution received from LG today, with no other menu items open press the <mute> key three times and a hidden menu appears! You can unselect/select Power Sync. Neat, well pleased with LG support for finding this and letting me know:) Peter
Great news, thanks mate!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom