• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

G-Safe or SSD's

Wizz

Standard Member
I know everyone's probably seen the HDD Vs. SSD many times but i wanted a more focused opinion.

Basically I'm running out of memory in my iMac (1TB) and external 1TB HDD as well as not having any back up for all my photography and video work, my music collection and backed up DVDs.
When i go back to uni I was going to buy a G-Safe 500GB and just store all my images and video solely on the 2 hardrive's as well as another set of 1 or 2TB drives for the music and films.

But I've been thinking, is it worth getting the G-Safe and HDD's over a few smaller SSD's or even another few external HDD's.

Anyone have any experience with the G-Safes?

D

Deleted member 27989

Unless you are the richest person on the planet you will not get an SSD for more storage options that would be a very daft thing to do.

No experience with G-Safe as a brand, have you considered a Drobo which is highly regarded and has the advantage of being able to mix/match various hard drives in a large array.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom