G.I. Joe (2009)

Your loss really. The GI Joe trailers were terrible. Plus, the Cg was touched up since the trailers were released.

Yeah..the TV trailers looked improved from the old ones.

I think referring GI Joe to Transformers is pretty much spot on. If you liked the CGI and constant action in Transformers 1 and 2 then you will like GI Joe.

If you like crappy arty films that all the critics like e.g Brokeback Mountain, In the Valley of Ellah, No country for old men, JCVD etc then you arent going to like this movie.

Another comparison would be that if you like Jason Statham movies where you dont expect too much outside of the action, then this movie will be up your street.

I personally enjoyed it as I knew what to expect.

When will critics stop giving all the arty, boring films high ratings?????????

Cobblers.

The first Transformers recieved quite grudgingly positive reviews from many of the quarters that might be expected to loathe it. The second didn't because it's a million miles away from the first in terms of quality - it got slated and rightfully so. Thus comparing it the Joe is deeply concerning.

Mind you I'm not sure I should be explaining this to someone who is prepared to lump JCVD and No Country For Old Men together as 'crappy artsy' films...:rolleyes:

If you like crappy arty films that all the critics like e.g Brokeback Mountain, In the Valley of Ellah, No country for old men, JCVD etc then you arent going to like this movie.

Art films?!

Must resist taking the bait....must resist taking the bait...

:rotfl:

I think referring GI Joe to Transformers is pretty much spot on. If you liked the CGI and constant action in Transformers 1 and 2 then you will like GI Joe.

Another comparison would be that if you like Jason Statham movies where you dont expect too much outside of the action, then this movie will be up your street.

I personally enjoyed it as I knew what to expect.

When will critics stop giving all the arty, boring films high ratings?????????

You're unreal!

I am surprised that an 8 year old has such a good grasp of language, but that post was pure comedy. :rotfl:

Hi,
I don't think it is arthouse to expect a plot, as such but on the other hand many films out now seem to fall at that particular hurdle.

What I don't understand about this film is why GI Joe was chosen as the subject? It seems quite old-fashioned to say the least - might see an Action Man film next? I appreciate that this is the newer GI Joe/Action Force that I grew up with but it is still somewhat back dated.

Also, they seem to have become tired of turning TV series into live films ie. The Avengers and more recently Thunderbirds and the US Get Smart comedy spy stuff, so the focus has changed to toy franchises? :confused: And a Toy from the 1960s at that.

Rachel Nichols, I salute you!
Cobblers to the plot,(it is cobblers), more ridiculous action and fine totty, please.
Megan Fox? Who's she again?

Saw this today at the cinema.Best film i have seen this year :thumbsup:

Awesome

The Vue cinema i went to had the volume turned up loud aswell :eek:, which was even better :cool:

Roll on december when i can buy it on Blu Ray :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh and stunning brunettes with black glasses does it for me PHWOOOOOR :devil:

The Ballad of G.I. JOE

Written by Daniel Strange & Kevin Umbricht
Directed by Daniel Strange

YouTube - G.I Joe Ballad

Laz Alonso as Doc
Alexis Bledel as Lady Jaye
Billy Crudup as Zartan
Zach Galifiankais as Snow Job
Tony Hale as Dr. Mindbender
Vinnie Jones as Destro
Joey Kern as Tomax
Joey Kern as Xamot
Chuck Liddell as Gung Ho
Julianne Moore as Scarlett
Henry Rollins as Duke
Alan Tudyk as Shipwreck
Olivia Wilde as The Baroness
Sgt. Slaughter as Himself
Jamin Fite as Cobra Commander
Frankie Kang as Storm Shadow
Geoff Mann as Buzzer
Andreas Owald as Snake Eyes
Daniel Strange as Torch
Kevin Umbricht as Ripper

I loved it :smashin:. Plain old, leave your brain at the door, sit back and enjoy, popcorn fun. Lots of action, bit of totty and lots of cool gadgets, throw in ninjas and you have a helluva film. It wont win any awards thats for sure, but as far as wanting a good action flick this didnt dissapoint me at all. Roll on number 2 if there is one.

Are you guys taking the mickey?:confused:

Saw this yesterday, and what a pile of poo this crap was.

Absolutely shocking.The worst film I have seen in two years for the following reasons:

-No plot whatsoever, although I didn't expect it to be.
-The film has been "sped" up, meaning all dialogue everything just looks ridiculous, as though it is playing is fast forward mode. This was a breaking point for me. It is as though, the studio watched the film and though, hold on, this is a bit slow paced for children, let's speed it up by x1.3. Coupled with quick editing, this film was a joke.
-The editing is terrible, VERY quick cuts in scenes, probably as the studio wanted the film to be fast paced and interesting for children.
-Dialogue, not worthy of stating my opinion here.

Action was good though, although some scenes were very dodgy, like the aircraft landing in the secret base in Egypt.

I'm sorry, but this was CRAP in EVERY essence of the word.

Transformers was a leave your brain at home film, with good dialogue, action, interesting story, good actors, this was CRAP.

Last edited:
Whatever, grandad...

Whatever, grandad...

I'm only 26.:devil:

I watch a lot of films (by lot, I mean every film that comes out using cineworld unlimited), so when I see crap, I see crap.

This and the Jack Black prehistoric crap stand out as 110% crap, although it had good action, can't doubt that.

Just got back from seeing this.

A good summer action film. A treat for the eyes. The story is weak the acting is forgetable, But i didn't care

A really good pop corn movies with great action, fights and CGI

8/10

loved it, what a hoot...bang, boom.....whizz......Seinna.....drool.....er....bang again?

Saw this last night and whilst I love a good no brainer action movie (like the first 2 Transporter and Transformers movies) this was just painfully bad on the whole- more on par with Van Helsing and Indy 4 imho.

Whilst I expected cheesy dialogue and a nonsensical plot I didn't expect the CGI to be so poor as it was in places and the female talent was underused with a distinct lack of gratuitous flesh on display, which is why i wouldn't put it in same class as the Transformers movies which at least made superb use of CGI and female talent!

4/10

Last edited:
Watched it recently. The rating is 5.5/10. A bit crappy though.
Transformers 1 & 2 fare much better than G.I. Joe in term of CGI & thrill actions. Any thoughts? :lesson:

I might go and see this later on today, I'm not sure what to expect of it from all the mixed reviews though.

I loved it :smashin:. Plain old, leave your brain at the door, sit back and enjoy, popcorn fun. Lots of action, bit of totty and lots of cool gadgets, throw in ninjas and you have a helluva film. It wont win any awards thats for sure, but as far as wanting a good action flick this didnt dissapoint me at all. Roll on number 2 if there is one.

My thoughts as well, just watched it yesterday. Really enjoyed it :thumbsup:

I really liked this, non stop action that never lets up.

If your lookng for Dark Knight keep on walking, if you want to have a blast then go and see this.

8/10
Liam

I watched this and while i feel it will not make any award ceremonies i think when you look at the context of audience it is aimed at it hits every mark.A great fun loud leave your brain at the door kind of movie which harks back to a time where movies ould be big daft and chest bashing and be enjoyable.:smashin:

I don't think people believed when I said that basically the entire film is bullets, explosions and fighting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom