FZ3 £199.99 quick before they're sold out!!!

Dougan - any results yet ?

Just ordered one today as I've already got a buyer for my 765 !.....hope I made the right decision to move across.

No turning back now.........

Worst case scenario i've paid rock bottom price for the FZ3 and I move to the FZ5 in 6months. Win win me thinks.

Have only had time to take a few photos of my small son, with the flash on, very impressed.
Have just taken a few of Longtailed Tits on a feeder in my garden. 12x zoom and not a hint of camera shake!

mick23 said:
you apprently can buy leather case for fz3+bigger memory card but this pushes price up to nearer £250.

just wondering where you have seen cases for the FZ3 and at what kind of price? Ebuyer have a 512 MB Kingston SD card for about 30 quid and spare battery packs compatible with it seem to be go for around 10 quid on Ebay.

however i'm still torn between the FZ3 with an obviously superior lens and the Canon S1 which accepts standard AA batteries, has a VGA movie mode and a vari-angle screen and uses slightly cheaper Compact Flash cards. :confused:

think that i might have to try and get local demos to try and help decide... :lesson:

Think for a tenner the battery issue is false economy - The panni batteries will last longer than the AA's as well. If it needs 4 AA's that quite a bit of extra weight.

It's a camera not a camcorder so the movie issue is a non starter for me.

The excellent IS is a big plus factor for the panni - mine arrived today and i'm very impressed with the quality of the unit....they've used their vast knowledge of camcorders to give a very feature rich camera ! The focusing and burst mode seem excellent.

The canon seems a useful piece of kit but the FZ3 edges it for my money, certainly at the ridiculous price of £199 (£349 in Jessops :eek: :eek: )

recieved my fz3 today although i have not used it yet.

jdanielp case for fz3 in leather is about £24 £17 i think for differant one from photo optics have not seen one in the flesh.

have a look on dp resources website it has pics /reviews of fz3 also pics taken with other cameras copared to fz3.

i purchased a sd lexar 128 caed not yet recieved for £20 from photo optics they seem to be cheaper than this online.

there is a fz3 user forum on yahoo .

as regards sd cards someone has seven

and thinks those below are ok for fast write etc 512mb i think

lexar 32x
kingsmax 60x
transcend 40x
sandick 40x
kingsmax 512

What's the verdict then ? Are you all happy with your purchase ?

Early days yet and still learning the camera but the interface is very smooth - AF is very quick, Zoom is silky, IS seems excellent, Macro superb just Indoors to test yet.

Had some great results already

All in all looks fantastic.

Glad I switched from the Oly 765

Couple of pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/zAndy1/Panny FZ3 photos/P1000038.jpg - The humber bridge, taken just up the road

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/zAndy1/Panny FZ3 photos/P1000040.jpg - Same scene as first one but zoomed in at 12x.. the image was shaking like hell in the LCD display when I took that but came out really well, very impressed!

By the way, when these pics come up it's best putting cursor on bottom right corner and clicking on the icon to make it real size..

I'm very happy with it so far, just need to get some good home cinema pics with it now!

Cheers,
Andy.

I see there is a FZ3, brand new finishing on Ebay today. I suspect it was purchased from Photo Optix for £199, which is its current bid.

He states the Jessops price of £349, but does not mention £199 which you can but them for.

Best of luck to him, it will be interesting to see how much profit he makes, minus the various fees he will have to pay.

Just caught this thread and had to post. This has got me thinking about my third AV purchase this week. I have been looking for a camera with a good zoom, the small cameras are good but I find the zooms very resricting i.e when I went to wimbldon last year and was sat at the back. Couple of questions:

1. Are they still in stock?
2. Are they OK to buy from?
3. Is there any other cameras in this class that I should look at before I buy?

Regards Greame

1. Are they still in stock?

No one here will know the definative answer. Call them on Monday and if they have stock order.

2. Are they OK to buy from?

Yes, I have bought two of these camera's from them for other people and I know several others who have bought too (no, I'm not the guy selling that one on ebay!!) They have shops and internet sales operation.

3. Is there any other cameras in this class that I should look at before I buy?

No ... these are great camera's with superb optics for the price. DO NOT buy a super zoom without an image stabilization feature that works. This camera is good at £350, perfect at £300 and an outright bargain of the year at £200! Buy a 256mb SD card at the same time ... save on postage.

Don't delay as the offer has been around for a while and stocks will be gone soon I reckon!

hi all
greamec i ordered fz3 from photo-optix website last saterday recieved it tuesday morning, spoke to the people in shop as i had some questions re camera modes etc,found them very helpfull . the fz3 comes with 16mb sd card, would as suggested get a larger card as an afterthought ordered a lexar 128mb card from photo optix cost £20 total cost fz3+128sdcard +postage £227 still cheaper than fz3 on its own elsware .

Thanks for your replies everyone, and a good find 888 cheers. I have just ordered one so we will have to see if one turns up (I hope they are in stock). I did a little research on the net and you do not find many items that get the reviews that this one does so it was a no brainer for me.
I will let you know how I get on.

regards Greame

Guy on ebay must be daft. Considering I and several others have purchase FZ20s from JL for £299. LOL.

Enjoy.

888 said:
Guy on ebay must be daft. Considering I and several others have purchase FZ20s from JL for £299. LOL.

Enjoy.

Not sure I follow - you refering the the guy selling or buying it ?

JL is John Lewis the department store.
The do a good range of camera's computers and other AV goodies. Excellent service, warrenty etc but not cheap my any stretch of the imagination.

JL will pricematch anyone that has the same goods in stock and not an internet firm only.

And the guy on ebay. Aimed at the seller, but if there is a buyer then I feel sorry for the guy.

So the seller made a profit - does that make him daft ?....not sure I follow your logic mate :suicide:

My point is that if someone has access to ebay thereby the internet they would surely have done research on the internet to find the best price and the current situation on the FZ3 (i.e. it is being replaced and retailers are likely to dump old stock). Therefore he would not have any punters willing to take up his offer.

That's why I said if there is a buyer then I feel sorry for him. With the information he can easily get by doing a web search he could have got a better deal.

Ah but 888 not everyone is a shrewd as us - if he's a fool paying a mere £220 what about the idiots paying £349 in Jessops !!....they're the people who we should be feeling sorry for. £220 for such a great camera is hardly a disaster now :)

where can you pricematch the FZ20 for 299 or is that not possible anymore?

still undecided on the FZ3...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom