fyne audio F501

anis67

Standard Member
Reaction score
Bought these blind after reading a what hifi review and thought i would home demo using richer sounds return in 14 days if not satisfied option.i have a cambridge audio cxa80 and cxn and previous speakers were dali zensor 3 (which were excellent) . So running in over the next few days so far so good they dig deep (set my sub to lowest crossover point of 47hrz BK xxl400sub) .i have unplugged the sub for the time being so i can just concentrate on the speakers vocals are Crystal and the bulid quality is excellent (these are beautiful speakers).I'm very impressed with the dynamics in movies and musicality with all the different types of music im throwing at them happy days.. thought i would post my opinion as i dont see many posts out there on these yet... for the record i did demo B&W 603,dali opticon 6,dali oberon 5&6,and monitor silver 300.

I spoke with the guy at Peter Tyson about this brand when ordering my new Tannoys and he was very positive about them. He did mention that they were designed by the team who used to work for Tannoy and basically they could be regarded as the next evolution of the XT series. Apparently Tannoy were not interested in future development so the team upped sticks and created Fyne Audio

They look fine

Saw a pair at the Bristol HiFi show and they are very nice, how do you think they compare to the MA 300’s and Oberons though? Those 3 form my to demo short list, albeit I’d go for the Oberon 7’s for the bass response but should be similar overall. Cheers

I demo'd the oberon 5 and QA 3050i, Kef Q350, MA Silver 100, but wanted to audition the Fyne F302.
Thought about the Fyne F501 but not sure of their matching with the MF A3 Dual Mono being treble heavy.
I realy liked the oberons.

firstly i'm no audio connoisseur i like to listen to music not judge it too much i like a fun sound rather than clinical the F501s are a bit Bass happy especially with tracks that have a lot of bass in them (which is i suppose them being honest and relaying all the detail the studio wants you to hear ?) vocals on acoustic tracks are stunning which is why you should be careful and not pair these with bright amps .Just an addition to the bass i'm getting used to it and am beginning to like it as its adding a lot more depth than i'm used to i have even turned my BKxxxl400 sub back on and set it to the lowest crossover its all comming together and i'm very happy with the choice..

Do they mention where exactly are they made?

Do they mention where exactly are they made?
Most likely China not that its important where they are made more about how they sound

Most likely China not that its important where they are made more about how they sound

Although I agree wholeheartedly on the sound issue I disagree on the manufacturing base as I try to support European manufacture as much as I can in everything that I buy.

Hi everyone!

Currently I have two AV amps, Denon 4500 and marantz 7013. And the speakers I have are the new B&W 603 floorstanders and the HTM6 center.

Partnering these B&W's with the Denon 4500 I found that while the midrange is fascinating but the overall sound is too bright for my taste - both music and movies.

When I partnered these speakers with the marantz 7013, the sound is much warmer and rounded compared to the Denon 4500.

I am now looking for a different brand and the Fyne Audio F501/502 caught my eyes. And I am yet to take an audition. But unless you bring audio equipment home, you will never gonna know, how they will actually sound in your environment.

Do you think the F501/502 will partner nicely with either Denon 4500 or marantz 7013 ? Will the sound be sweeter, warmer and rounded ?

Thanks much.
Cheers.

bit of a bump but anyone know if the fyne audio f501 would be a significant upgrade from the monitor audio bx5? Im using a naim atom and want a bit more oopmh in the bass as well as to tame the treble on some tracks which can sound a little harsh on occasion. I was looking at the f502 but think it may be over kill in my living room which is approximately 4m2

Fyne audio speakers are manufactured up here in Scotland, not very far from Glasgow. I'd love to hear the f1.5 myself.

Fyne audio speakers are manufactured up here in Scotland, not very far from Glasgow. I'd love to hear the f1.5 myself.
Its flagship models are hand crafted within its own workshops and head office in Bellshill, while more affordable versions are built in China, to exacting standards, overseen by the fledgling company.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom