fx750 screen replaced ,Can anyone tell me if this these are IPS pixels in the replacement panel .

defcombeta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am the owner of a Panasonic fx750 49 that about a month ago developed a flaw in the screen and was sent off for warranty repair. Now the screen has come back but it is different to the last one ( to be expected its a new screen) but I am now wondering if they swapped in this years latest VA panel instead. ( the report stated an lcd panel 11 parts fitted TZTZL01QYWE in the repair report.) I am used to 32 inch IPS panels for my computers so the difference in the glow of the tv with black screen may not be a sure way to tell its is IPS and the scale is throwing me out a bit( never had a screen this big before in the house). Would the glow affect off angle colours?. To be honest I have never used a VA panel so what should I be looking out for. I have attached a photo of a close up of the pixels. they kind of look chevron in place but that could be a trick of light. The last Tv out of the box was near perfect bar having to drop the Green in the gamma 2 points and the red up one in cutoff.

pixel close up.jpg pixel close up2.jpg

I wanted a IPS panel for a TV since the idea of burn in scares me and I like wide viewing angles. Peoples thoughts on the pixels in the photos would be most welcome.
Thanks

I figured a few shots of the "glow" I was seeing on the off centre viewing angles might help confirm that this is either a VA or an IPS panel. I created a red screen by connecting my pc and using krita ( great program and its free ).

On the camera it looks like it has a purple hue , I selected red since its the easiest colour to show up the discolouration

the screen appears to have good white uniformity with only two spots of dirty screen near the two vertical sides of the panel. Honestly the only thing that made me notice it was the colour shift.

Last edited:
It's an IPS, it's easy to see due to the pixel structure. I also doubt very much it's even possible to replace an IPS screen with a VA one, all the tv hardware is tailored for the IPS.

Thanks for your reply, your right now that I think about it , the hardware would be very different for a another pixel type. I think its the scale of the panel is what is throwing me off, that and I think the repair engineer did a very good job, this screen is different, the blacks are darker in normal usage ( the first screen had some real light bleed near a single corner and the hdr is popping more with similar settings to before. the colours are a bit out of whack, with a greenly yellow tint to skin colour being the most visible. I will have a calibrate it over the weekend. thanks again for your reply its good to get a second point of view.

Thanks for your reply, your right now that I think about it , the hardware would be very different for a another pixel type. I think its the scale of the panel is what is throwing me off, that and I think the repair engineer did a very good job, this screen is different, the blacks are darker in normal usage ( the first screen had some real light bleed near a single corner and the hdr is popping more with similar settings to before. the colours are a bit out of whack, with a greenly yellow tint to skin colour being the most visible. I will have a calibrate it over the weekend. thanks again for your reply its good to get a second point of view.
You're very welcome.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom