FX66 question

A

Alan D

Had a play with one of these in the local shop - picture options included "normal" "digital +" and "advanced". Can anyone with a kv28fx66 or kv32fx66, tell me what effect these have on the picture? And indeed, what does it say in the manual? [the shop had it connected to an RF feed and I couldn't tell the difference between the settings]

Hi I have a 32fx66 and mine does not have these options mine has Live,Personal and movie modes and they are basically different colour/brightness/contrast settings......Are you sure it was digital+ etc.....

Actually, thinking about it I was actually looking at an FX65, as the FX66 is out of stock - but I think they have the same options. [can someone confirm this?] It was separate from the Live, Personal etc settings. Maybe "digital options"? or Digital Mode? It definitely offered three choices.

No sign of these features on my 1 week old fx66 so unless it is an old or brand new thing or of course i have an out of date model I would say that these features are on the fx65 only and not the fx66.....if the fx66 does have these options and one of you experts knows how to get at it then please post

thanks for the response - maybe there are more differences between the 65 and 66 than I thought. How has your experience of the 66 been so far?

Very good I had a philips pixel+ for a week but sent it back as it was hopeless when dealing with motion or action scenes. So the sony is much better in that respect the only real niggle that I have got is that sky sports football pictures or ITV2 through RGB look digitalised and a bit blotchy not sure why and still searching for a cure but it is still watchable and the general response i've had is that it is a side effect of 100hz but i'm not convinced as the same pictures can be seen on ITV1 through analogue and they seem vastly improved ..........form what I have also read on these forums it would appear that the 66 is much better than the 65 my sister in law has a 28fx65 and the picture looks crap albeit through cable so that might explain part of the problem

Hope this helps

Hi,

Those modes you mention are from the older FX65 at a first glance the FX65 and FX66 look the same but when you start to use the TV's they are quite different (menus,settings,remotes etc etc) - best mate has a 32" FX65

Go for the FX66 it is a fine TV and they seem to of fixed the bugs that were in the older FX and LS models.

Cheers

Dal :rolleyes:

that explains it! I am likely to go for the FX66, having heard several recmmendations - plus one of my local shops is bundling it with a Sony DVD player (the 305) at a special offer price (my old Wharfedale is showing its age - but I will hang on to it to play the occasional R1 disc)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom