Quantcast

FX66 problem

G

Grendizer

Hello all!

My FX66 seems to have a colour alignment problem. The colour is about 3 mm off. Its not really a problem when I watch regular tv, but it's really annoying when watching DVD's or playing PS2 games. Its really evident in menues and such. I have my PS2 connected with RGB scart and It wasn't like this on my 3 year old Panny.

Is this a fault, or is it "within standards"? Is it a Sony thing or a 100hz or widescreen thing?

Can it be fixed in the service menu?

Please help me, I've only got a few days left on my money back warranty and if this is normal I'm considering getting a different telly.

Regards/

Grendizer

RichB14

Novice Member
Had mine just under a week now and i have not found these faults on my set. I only have my ps2 connected via the composite inputs on the side but picture is fine.
Maybe you should have it looked at while it's still in warranty

C

CarlosTheJackel

I've had various problems with my FX66. Buzzing - don't notice it anymore:) 2 Light coloured bands running though AV4 with the PS2 on - they've gone:confused: :D and some smearing on moving pics - Put the output to RGB on the Skybox and amended the contrast etc and its virtually gone.:) Its appantly a "effect" of 100hz as my mate who installs TV's tells me. He saw mine last night and confirmed this. So nothing now really;)

HowieC

My 32fx66 has exactly the same colour registration fault.
I've a service manual on order, will post if I find answer.
Very slight buzz with ear against case (its the scan coils btw)

G

Grendizer

I have just had my fx66 replaced and it's got exactly the same problem as the old one!:(
I've talked to Sony twice and they said it shouldn't be like that but they had never heard of the problem before.

Can somebody confirm that this is not a 100hz/widescreen thing?

Regards,
G