FVRT100 Signal Strength and LCD

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by richjthorpe, Jan 10, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

I'm going to be getting an LCD tv (Sharp) sometime this week hopefully and I was wondering if anyone on here has a Digifusion FV box linked to an LCD ? What is the PQ like ? I understand that this is subjective to the channel viewed but is it mostly good, 50/50 or mostly poor ?

Also, I'm getting a signal strength of around 63%, should I get a better aerial to see if I can get a better signal ? The inlaws seem to be getting 70% (Maxed at 76% at one point) and they are only 2 mile away (No hills or obstructions). I also think their PQ is better than what we get currently too.

Thanks,

Richie.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Not an LCD, but I do have one connected to a 42" plasma. The picture quality is as good as Sky. Don't worry about signal strength, it's not as important as signal quality.

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    So it's just my mind playing tricks on me then ! :)

Do you get the posterisation and macroblocking on fast moving, live images say on music videos with flashing lights and all ?!

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Well, I also have a Sky+ box, and I tend to use that more, but you get all those effects on both systems. Welcome to the world of digital TV :)

5. tailor

tailor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a 42" plasma display and a sky box - with some of the sky channels i get a strange polarisation effect in darker or pastel cloloured parts of the picture - none when watching DVD - I assume it is the sky signal quality which shows 50%, the same as the signal strength - is there any amplifier or other gadget available to improve on the signal quality and strength or any other advise ??

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That sounds more like the effects that you can get if the TV is fed with a composite signal. Try feeding it with RGB via scart if you can.