1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FVRT100 Signal Strength and LCD

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by richjthorpe, Jan 10, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

I'm going to be getting an LCD tv (Sharp) sometime this week hopefully and I was wondering if anyone on here has a Digifusion FV box linked to an LCD ? What is the PQ like ? I understand that this is subjective to the channel viewed but is it mostly good, 50/50 or mostly poor ?

Also, I'm getting a signal strength of around 63%, should I get a better aerial to see if I can get a better signal ? The inlaws seem to be getting 70% (Maxed at 76% at one point) and they are only 2 mile away (No hills or obstructions). I also think their PQ is better than what we get currently too.

Thanks,

Richie.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Not an LCD, but I do have one connected to a 42" plasma. The picture quality is as good as Sky. Don't worry about signal strength, it's not as important as signal quality.

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    So it's just my mind playing tricks on me then ! :)

Do you get the posterisation and macroblocking on fast moving, live images say on music videos with flashing lights and all ?!

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Well, I also have a Sky+ box, and I tend to use that more, but you get all those effects on both systems. Welcome to the world of digital TV :)

5. tailor

tailor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a 42" plasma display and a sky box - with some of the sky channels i get a strange polarisation effect in darker or pastel cloloured parts of the picture - none when watching DVD - I assume it is the sky signal quality which shows 50%, the same as the signal strength - is there any amplifier or other gadget available to improve on the signal quality and strength or any other advise ??

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That sounds more like the effects that you can get if the TV is fed with a composite signal. Try feeding it with RGB via scart if you can.