FV box. watch one channel, tape another?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by wavydavy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. wavydavy

wavydavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new Goodmans GDB3 Freeeview box, but before I take it out of the box and set it up, can anyone answer this?

If I set it up with two scarts, can I watch one digital channel and tape another simultaneously with my VCR? It seems a bit ridiculous to me if you can't.

Thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No, you can't. You can only do that with a "twin tuner" box, and yours only has one tuner. Most twin tuner boxes have a digital hard disk recorder built-in, like the DigiFusion FVRT100.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Not really, after all that is the way a VCR works.
    A single analogue tuner inside the VCR with the terrestrial signal from the aerial being passed through to the TV which uses it's own analogue tuner.
    Freeview STB's for the most part have had margins cut to the bone to capture market share, twin tuner models are simply not in demand at this time to justify the premium prices especially as IDTV sales are taking off.

If you don't want the ease and simplicity of hard drive recording then Fusion are launching a twin tuner (no HD recording) in the new year. Seriously though, hard drive recording via an integrated EPG is the future and so much better than VCR or DVD at least for day to day viewing and limited archieving.