1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuzzylogic - doh!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Shady, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi chaps

I upgraded my PC last year (taken me 'til now to attempt to sort it out...), with a nice new MSI motherboard and an AMD Athlon 1800+XP processor. Plugged it all in and everything worked lovely. The Bios (AMIBIOS) displayed the correct processor on boot up and all was well with the world.

I then installed the Fuzzylogic software which came with the MSI board drivers to tweak the settings.

Since I ran this application the bios now displays the processor as an 1100+XP - boo, where has my extra power gone.

If I restart the PC and change the default bios settings to the maximum performance settings and restart, the bios then shows the correct processor, but then displays the blue screen of death when Windows (2000) starts. Returning to the default settings allows the PC to start but with the incorrect processor.

I have run the Fuzzylogic (4) application again and you can see it attempting different speeds and multipliers, but then restarts the PC after about 3 minutes

Any advice - apart from the obvious, if it aint broke don't tinker...

Cheers

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    The only thing I can suggest is uninstall the fuzzylogic software. Then if the computer starts showing the wrong processor speed go into BIOS and alter it manually I think you alter the frequency. When I have done on the forum I will switch of and just have a look what mine is set at as mine is a 1600XP which should not be to far off yours.
    Advise: If the computer runs the software satisfactory leave well enough alone. Contentment = Bliss;)

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    If you go into BIOS and look under Frequency/CPU Clock it should be about 140 mine is 133.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, should be 133 ;)

Multiplier should be 11.5 (fixed) for an XP1800+. FSBxMulti (133x11.5) = CPU speed (1.53gHz).

:smoke:

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Mine is set at 133 for 1600XP so it took it that a 1800XP would be about 140. Even at that setting it should not cause any problems for a 1800XP. And that is where some software does the overclocking but raising it too high and you computer can fall over(not literary).
    Anyway if he wants to do some overclocking without software this is one area to look at.