1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuzzy sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by H4r7y, Sep 21, 2003.

1. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sony AV reveiver and some mission main speakers. when theres either a bass note or a lot of treble going on theres seems to be a muffle over the sound. there is no noise when the speakers are on but no sound, ie when the cd is paused so i dont think its feedback or anything like that. i have been wondering if the speakers are out of phase but to be honest i dont have a clue what the 'phase' stuff is all about.
    the speakers are about 5-6 years old and the amp is about 6 months old so i have some warranty left if its a common thing. both bits of kit are budget but i would still of thought that the sound would have been better than this.

any thoughts welcome...

*Mods*
    i didnt really know where to stick this thread, so i hope its ok in the speaker section :)

2. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    You can easily test if the phase of the speakers is the problem by reversing the the speaker wire connections on *one* of the speakers. Out of phase will sound bass light and generally horrible.