Fuzzy Picture

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by kensden, Sep 17, 2003.

1. kensden

kensden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry it's a convoluted one:

Sky Digibox (RF Channel 44) looped via rf to a Sky Plus box (RF Channel 46) then looped to a VCR (RF Channel 50) then via rf to an IR injector then to an IR compatible amplifier, then from amplifier to six TVs (all fitted with Handylink eyes),

Cabling = CT100 or equivalent
    Ampifier = Labgear 8-way distribution amp with IR return (MSR380)
    IR injector = Labgear IR Remote Extender kit (MRX120)

There in NO analogue TV aerial input.

I have Sky Digital on Channel One
    I have Sky Plus on Channel Two
    I have VCR on Channel Three

I have IR control of all three devices at all six TVs.

So what's my problem?

The picture is hazy and if you look closely there are fainted horizontal lines.

I only have three RF signals travelling along the cable 44, 46 & 50 should my picture not be near perfect?

2. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here are my thoughts.
    I had interference on vision in the form of a thin line rolling down the screen. This was after the UHF from the aerial had passed through a amplifier/distributor and several bits of AV kit. After questioning an AV magazine technician, I was advised that it could be a capacitor in the amp breaking down. Changed the amp, problem solved. Wondered if it might be a similar situation in your case ? I see from previous posts that you must have already checked the RF spacing according to that "Taboo TV" guide ?