• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fuzzy image via HDMI/DVI-D

Foebane72

Prominent Member
As I stated recently, I was after a monitor with HDCP and a DVI-D socket, which meant I could plug it into any HDMI device, and now I've had it for a week I'd like to mention a new problem.

HDCP communication between the Blu-ray player and monitor are generally fine, unless I've had the monitor on for a while and it's been on VGA (D-Sub) all that time. Then I put on the Blu-ray player and press Source to change to DVI-D... and the picture is all flickery, fuzzy and generally unusable. Then I simply turn the monitor off and on again, and THEN it is fine.

Is this a fault, or bad handshaking between the devices? If so, why does the Blu-ray put on a big HDMI OK logo with a massive green tick, even though the confetti is everywhere?

Another thing is, every time I switch between VGA and HDMI, the Blu-ray player always shows the HDMI OK logo. Does this put a strain on the system at all?

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
You should've invested in a decent Monster HDMI cable. They cost more but you get what you pay for.

(kidding, don't lynch me!)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The BD player is only confirming its seeing an HDMI/DVI-D socket attached to its HDMI Out – it’s not confirming you do or don’t have a good on-screen image.

You may find selecting DVI-D on the Display before you power on or take the BD player out of Standby allows the system to initiate properly.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom