1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuzzy image on PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pickle, Dec 21, 2004.

1. pickle

pickle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got back from being away at uni for 3 1/2 months and plugged my projector (a panny AE300) in over the weekend only to noticed the image was slightly fuzzy. at first i put this down to using a cheap and nasty dvd player (i left my 1/2 decent one at my uni flat) but i was having a look tonight and noticed that even the on screen menus are blurred slightly, so the cause isnt the source.

now, its not a massive amount of bluring, but its enough to be annoying.

is there any reason why after a few months of not being used, the image quality could degrad?

is there something stupid im overlooking?

the pj is only maybe 8 months old, and has only about 120hrs on the lamp so it shouldnt really be on its way out :(

2. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Youve focused it right?

3. pickle

pickle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, and ive took the lens cap off :)

ive moved the pj forward, and then resized the image, which i think makes it a little better, but its not in its original position (and my coffee table is now too far infront of me to rest my feet on :laugh: )

does the image drop after a certain lenght of time (like, is there a run in period for the bulbs?)

it could be the power cablesi guess? i had to dig out an old extension cable as mine is being used for the xmas tree :rolleyes: but it was nothing special

4. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had to ask :)

I dont imagine its the power cable, more like the video cable? try moving the cables about to make sure you arent getting interferance, also is the lens dusty??

5. pickle

pickle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cabling is a complete mess right enough, having moved out in a hurry when i left, and coming back, using an old amp and different dvd players, all the cables just kinda got balled up and thrown into the corner. ill sort that out tomorrow and see what difference it makes.