1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

???Fuzzy Aerial Connection???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MaKSiNG, Jan 15, 2003.

1. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi AVers!

Just got my brand spanking new Sony KV32-FQ75! :D
    Some of you are probably thinking, "oops he has set himself up for trouble!" :eek: But so far I am very happy, the picture is excellent, DVDs show perfectly, there is no buzz (except ever so faint) from the power pack, etc.

This might just be me being a newbie, but when I connect the external aerial lead to the back of the TV, the picture is fine, however, if I connect the aerial to the back of the video, then connect the video to the TV, the picture is really, really bad. Unwatchable infact. Any ideas?

TIA,

MaK

2. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing I would check is the vcr-tv rf lead to see if its faulty. Try another lead. Otherwise the vcr might need re-tunning perhaps? (Channel output setting) I'm guessing though?

:confused:

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    If you're talking about channels received by the TV as opposed to channels looped through via the VCR, Paul's suggestion of a dodgy cable sounds about right. Alternatively, the aerial amplifier in the VCR may be faulty (I assume the VCR is powered on at the mains). If you can, try another cable. If that does not help, beg or borrow another TV and connect the VCR to that. If it's still no good, it looks like a faulty VCR.

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Where did you get your FQ75 from and how much please?

5. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for all your replies.

The problem is watching the TV signal when the TV is tuned to Channel 1 to 5, not when viewing the program via the tuner of the VCR with the TV tuned to channel 0 or AV.

I have already tried a number of things.

1) Different RF lead - same problem;
    2) Different VCR - same problem;

Only thing I didn't try was another TV, but then that cannot be the problem because it works if the aerial is plugged directly into the back.

Actually one other thing I have just thought of, which I still have not tried is to see if the pictures received by the tuner of the video are any good, ie. TV set tuned to Channel 0 or AV.

Cheers again! :)

Rookies - I bought the TV from Premiere AV Centre in Birmingham. He did say it was the last one though.

MaK

6. calvin

calvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought ...

Could you not get a Y adapter and have the RF going to the video and the TV directly and not worry about the RF going via the video and then connect the video to the TV via a SCART cable which should give you a better video picture as well.

Calvin.

7. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Calvin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't thought of that and I think that might just work.

Let me try it tonight,

MaK

8. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    The only problem with that is that splitting will halve the signal going to each unit. It won't make much of a difference if the signal is strong but if the sigal is a bit low you will notice it.