Fuunny wii story

MaxRes

Established Member
Reaction score
I said to the mrs not long ago, that it was only a matter of time before someone hurt themselves, and tried to sue nintendo, or smashed the tv with the wii controller.

Low and behold this funny little ditty on the ntlworld homepage.

I know the suing part ain't there, but the rest is.

The unconditional love shown by international media for Nintendo's peculiar new console, the Wii, was never a state that could last. The tendency to want to unseat that which is placed on a pedestal normally takes time to make itself known - in this case the Wii has been drawing fire only days after its US launch.

Heralded for everything from its eccentric control mechanics to its comparatively low price, the backlash (or in the case of UK media, "forelash") has begun on a number of fronts.

Firstly the control method, which sees you waving a remote control-style 'wand' to interact with games, has been causing a new condition dubbed by the Wall Street Journal, "Wii elbow".

As if that weren't enough, early reports of wrist-exhaustion after only an hour or two of play don't bode well for epics like Zelda: Twilight Princess.

And for those with large, fragile TV sets, there's a report of one unlucky gamer losing his grip on the Wii-mote during a crucial swing and breaking the screen of his 60" rear projection TV in the process.

Others with large screen TVs have found it difficult to set up the sensor bar to detect their movements accurately.

The reality is that given that Wii is a new and family-friendly item of consumer technology that most observers think will be purchased alongside an Xbox 360 or PS3, and that it's arriving just in time for Christmas, that none of this will matter one bit to eager punters.

Wether it's true or not, it's funny all the same.

Wonder if the insurance company will have a getout clause on wii controller slippage

All these people breaking straps and whatever their Wii-mote hits is ridiculous, I've been swinging my arm quite hard sometimes while playing my Wii and not once have I ever lost grip of the Wii-mote. It's just carelessness and people being daft that has caused these stories to occur.

All these people breaking straps and whatever their Wii-mote hits is ridiculous, I've been swinging my arm quite hard sometimes while playing my Wii and not once have I ever lost grip of the Wii-mote. It's just carelessness and people being daft that has caused these stories to occur.

Yes but the Wii is also being marketed at children, and it is not beyound the bounds of reason to expect an over excited 6 year old to hurt themselves of damage something if left to play unsupervised.

I was in game at the weekend, and they had a Wii available to play on, but you can't just walk up to it and play... Oh no!
you have to sign a disclaimer, that states if you hurt yourself whilst playing, you cannot sue Game!

How F****** pathetic is that!

Good old nanny state!

After the initial little problem of the Wiimote being a bit too senitive and having to mess about with the settings a few times I can say that I am extremely impressed with the Wii.

Zelda is quite possibly the most enjoyable gaming experience I have ever had.

Wii Sports and Wii Play have been hammered this weekend by my girlfriend and other members of our family who NEVER play videogames - I think that proves a point.

Monkeyball and Rayman are both fantastic :D I can honestly say that after an hour on Rayman with my brother yesterday I felt like I had just stepped out of the gym :rotfl:

I really think Nintendo have nailed it with this, its going to be a huge success. Out of the 6 people who came round to play it this weekend every single one said they were going to get one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom