1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futurehome.co.uk + AV World

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by llanellijack, Mar 10, 2004.

1. llanellijack

llanellijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Close to purchasing a Pioneer 434hde and have narrowed my choice down to these two firms, anyone had any dealings with them ? Any feedback appreciated, cheers !

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy it where you had a demo if you've done so more than one place then whichever were
    the most helpful.
    Don't choose because of purchase price as it often becomes a false economy.

3. Turlough

Turlough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    My 433MXE came from futurehome. They have a local shop and they know their stuff. Too obsessed with the HDE version so I had to get a demo elsewhere but the price and delivery was OK.

4. Splinx

Splinx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought my Hitachi 42PD5200 from Futurehome , and have to say both communication and delivery were excellent.

Havn't visited yet, but need to go in there as I am told they have a cabient for the foot of the bed where the Plasma rises up for easy viewing - all by remote control - awesome !!!

Anyone else know of decent stores to buy high quality cabinets at a decent price ?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    IF you want a lift mech for Plasma see www.futureautomation.co.uk best lift mech out there........

6. Splinx

Splinx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info dragon, :smashin:

I visited Futurehome's store at the weekend, and have to say I was blown away. Nothing like I expected - this is NOT a box shifting company - but a 1 off store with lots of expertise and knowledge amoung their staff.

This is the cabinet that they had set up in their store:
    http://www.futurehome.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=35 , and boy was it sweet. Best of all, my misus also liked it a lot.

Didn't purchase there and then, as I said I'd like to think about it a while whilst I look further into alternative cost/value etc.

Since futureautomation make siply the mechs, I'm wondering if the cabinet linked to above actually has their mech installed.

I'll find out and get back to you all.

Any feedback from other people making (or have made) a similar purchase would be extremely well received :thumbsup:

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Kube design make bespoke cabinets for that lift but any carpenter or joiner should be able to make you one to fit your room using a future automation mech.