1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Yamaha receivers with HDMI

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Grubert, Feb 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I've just read on avsforum that Yamaha will show three new HDMI-equipped receivers at CEDIA 2005. They are the RXV-1600, RXV-2600 and RXV-3600.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats good news :) Yamaha will always make great AV Amps...

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    3600 that sounds impressive, might be tempted to upgrade from my 2500 (must resist!)

4. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Resist? Heh, I'm considering offering a purchase option for my Yammie 2500, executable by the end of the year. :rotfl:

5. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I was going to order a 2500 tomorrow.
    So now I am waiting for the new Yamaha receivers, the 8 series Panasonic plasmas and the new Panasonic DVD recorders to hit the market.
    Mind you, 6 months from now I expect Yam will release the spec of the new 3700...

6. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This is nice news, as it has been suggested by the display in the RX-V1500 and 2500 already having an HDMI indicator in preparation for future products using the same display. What's more, the display also has iLink and Circle Surround II indicators, so could those also be in the mix? I'm also hoping the new receivers will be THX Select2 certified (which seems very likely given how far away they are from introduction) since the extra processing inherited from Ultra2 could be useful.

It's also nice to hear they'll reintroduce products in the range immediately above the 2500 and fill the huge gap they have there now. The question is just where exactly in the range the RX-V3600 will end up, it's a huge gap after all.