1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future version pf FOTR?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Rock Da Bass, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +587
    Hi,

Just finished watching FOTR with director's commentory (preferred the cast commentory somehow) and Peter Jackson hints at a future version in which he refers to 're-doing' Gollum to tie in more with TTT. Does anyone know more about this?

Personally, I'm happy with the current extended version and see no need to change it, though I wouldn't say no to an even longer version. Just can't get enough of Middle Earth at the moment. I forgot what a brilliant story it was. It's been about 20 years since I last read the books.

RDB :)

2. Kirk

Kirk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I have heard rumours that once all three films are out, PJ is likely to release a trilogy boxset with even more special features than the current extended editions carry.

I believe Ian McKellan was the one who let this slip in relation to him making a reques that the recent French & Saunders LOTR parody be included in the final trilogy boxset.....

Now, so far the only things that I have heard are that the special features will be increased....I would assume that again some special packaging will be commisioned.....it is possible that they may edit the films again...:D

Heres hopeing!

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That was well funny! :D

Well I would definitely buy it! :) :blush: