Future PS1 downloads from PSN

LP76

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been havin a buchers on the Jap PSN. They have Biohazard 2 available for download at 600 yen.
For those who dont know thats Resident Evil 2. An absolute classic, hopefully the sign of things to come for the European PSN.
Personally I'm hoping for
Resident Evil 1
Dino Crisis
Tomb Raider 2.

Any others to add to the wishlist please add....

Resi2... possibly my favourite game of all time (close with PES and Counter-strike).
Don't want to play it again, mind.

I'd like to see ISS PE2 :)

Any games on there for 500yen? I've still got it spare from GT5P

Ash

Ash

Valid point! Same here.:) Might not be quite enough though - not sure what they go for on the Japanese site but 500 yen works out at £2.34 and IIRC PS1 games go on the UK site for £3.49. It's probably not a direct conversion they use though so we may be in luck.

I'd also quite like to see Quake 2 as I liked the PS1 version of that, especially split screen.

Bought Populous: The beginning thr other day and am enjoying that. Never played it on release, only ever played the original Populous, which is a very different game!

Ash

See how much XI, aka Devil Dice is. Fantastic game. It is on there - I've got the demo. Don't know why it's not on the UK store yet, it must be the easiest game ever to test and convert to English.

See how much XI, aka Devil Dice is. Fantastic game. It is on there - I've got the demo. Don't know why it's not on the UK store yet, it must be the easiest game ever to test and convert to English.

I've got the PS1 retail disc version and it really is a great little puzzle game. :thumbsup:

I've got the PS1 retail disc version and it really is a great little puzzle game. :thumbsup:

Could never find that - it's pretty rare. Had to make do with Bombastic on the PS2 which does include the original mode, but being lazy I'd love to download the PS1 version onto my PS3 to avoid disc swaps :rolleyes:

Just got my PS3 but I'd love to see Twisted Metal World Tour!

Could never find that - it's pretty rare. Had to make do with Bombastic on the PS2 which does include the original mode, but being lazy I'd love to download the PS1 version onto my PS3 to avoid disc swaps :rolleyes:

Another great PS1 puzzle game was Roll Away or Kula World as it was called here in the UK. I've got that one too and play it from time to time.

Another great PS1 puzzle game was Roll Away or Kula World as it was called here in the UK. I've got that one too and play it from time to time.

Agreed - a great puzzler and currently being played on my PSP :thumbsup: Another favourite was Kurushi.

Agreed - a great puzzler and currently being played on my PSP :thumbsup: Another favourite was Kurushi.

I've got that one too. It was called Intelligent Cube in the US and Japan. I haven't played it in quite a while though. Also a great puzzle game. I had a US PS1 and PS2 so all my games are the US versions.

You can get these games for a pound or two.... why do we need to pay 3.50!

They dropped ps2 support so they could concentrate their resources on generating new incomes of even older games that can be purchased for hardly anything.

I wonder if PS2 games will come back to the ps3 via paid for downloads!

I've got that one too. It was called Intelligent Cube in the US and Japan. I haven't played it in quite a while though. Also a great puzzle game. I had a US PS1 and PS2 so all my games are the US versions.

Quite a collection you've got there! I loved these PS1 games. None of these games or anything like it ever came out on the PS2. Sure, you had GTA 3 and some very good games but it never had the quirky classics that the PS1 had. Some of my other faves - Rollcage, Die Hard Trilogy, Doom, Point Blank, Vigilante 8 and Circuit Breakers.

I wonder if PS2 games will come back to the ps3 via paid for downloads![/QUOTE]

I certainly would buy ps2 games off psn:thumbsup: good money spinner for sony!!! but the only problem is that the new systems(40gig) would not play them!! would they from a download?

I'll say it again, Twisted Metal World Tour! split-screen at its best.

Oh, Wild Arms is going to come someday soon.

Visually its not a patch on Final Fantasy. Like SNES Final Fantasy with some basic 3D battle scenes. But get past the deceptively easy early sections and the game REALLY ramps it up. Both in quality of difficult bad guys and in the realms of most difficult puzzles I had encountered on a jRPG to date. Really good game. The following two were duffers apparently with Wild Arms 4 being back to being good again.

Quite a meaty long story that goes on.

Most I could compare it to would be (the excellent) Golden Sun on the GBA.

EDIT:

Nice PSN retro feature:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/845/845235p1.html

Quite a collection you've got there! I loved these PS1 games. None of these games or anything like it ever came out on the PS2. Sure, you had GTA 3 and some very good games but it never had the quirky classics that the PS1 had. Some of my other faves - Rollcage, Die Hard Trilogy, Doom, Point Blank, Vigilante 8 and Circuit Breakers.

I've always been a big fan of puzzle games and the PS1 had quite good selection of them. I bought most of the good ones and have kept most of my good PS1 game. The only one I didn't get and wish I had was Bishi Bashi which is more of a collection of mini games then a puzzle game. Unfortunately it was never released in the US.

I dont think PS2 games would come to the PSN, reason is the 40GB model has no way to play them, Sony would have to mod the PS2 games to work with RSX and i doubt they would do that, the only other way is for Sony to release a full software PS2 emulator in a firmware update, but i see the chances of that happening rather slim.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom