1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Proof - NO Signal!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Les E, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have just replaced and re-routed the Satellite cable so it basically goess thru the loft and to the front of the house and into the living room (mainly because the cabling was laid around the side of the house and that is exactly where the house extension is going!!)

While I was re directing the cable I decided to change the LNB from a normal single to a quad so it will give me more distribution options after the extension is built.

Anyway, I am getting no satellite signal at all, tried ALL the LNB tests on the receiver...NOTHING!!

So, I replaced the LNB back to the orignal...and still nothing! I have also tried the original cabling and still the same message.

The actual dish is very sturdy, mainly because we had an issue with a window cleaner a few years back so the sky engineer bracketed the dish that you could near enough swing off it...so I am pretty sure it not that...don't qoute me on it though!!

I am having an engineer out tomorrow (Easter Sunday - couldn't believe it!!), but can any suggest what I could look at just in case it's something stupid I am missing??? HELP!! :lease:

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have dislodged or caused a short at the f-connector when you swapped the cable over - try restripping the wire and putting a new f-connector on.

Also, did you unplug and plug in while your digibox was plugged in? It's possible to damage the box doing this.