1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Entertainment

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Juzminator, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

May be shouting "FIRE!!!" a little early here but....I ordered a disc from FutureEnt a week ago and it ain't turned up yet - all previous orders from them have turned up within 2-3 days.

The disc ordered (Private Ryan DTS, £13.99) was in stock and should have been despatched within 24 hours - phoned 'em up (again) today and they said it looked like it had been posted on 26th (3 days after it was ordered....hmmmn).

Anyone else had any delays from them within last week or so? I think they may have had a staff shortage or summink.

The only reason I'm posting this is cos I really liked their prices and delivery times compared to Play 247.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Juz

Can't say I've ever heard or used FutureEnt but I reckon your better off paying the extra couple of quid and sticking with Play247. I've never had any problems with them, most discs turn up within 2 days.

Lillo :cool:

3. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Lillo,

A lot of the guys here on the forum recommend Future Entertainment, and that's what got me into them. :)

I've ordered 3 discs from them, and, like I said, the first 2 turned up within 2-3 days - so, on balance I'm more than prepared to give em the benefit of the doubt - the reason for the post is that a lot of the people on this forum hear certain "rumours" and gossip about certain firms well before any official announcements are made (or they have a similar experience, and know the reason for the delay) - it's a good idea to post a problem to see if you get any interesting news (that may, ultimately save you from losing money/getting upset at a later date).

Welcome to the forum, by the way! ;)

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Juz.

Pretty new to this 'home cinema' lark. I've had a DVD player for around a year and have always used Play simply because I tried them once and had no problems. If the guys on this forum have recommended FutureEnt then they are better judges than myself. Whats their web address, I'll have to have a look.

Lillo :cool:

5. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've used futureent quite a bit of late and haven't noticed any problems, but I'm mostly waiting for new releases so it's difficult to tell. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

ps Play247 - forget 'em - I only ever got useless service from them

6. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Juz

Im in exactly the same boat as you (SPR - DTS) and ordered my copy last week

Today I checked my credit card & theyve taken the cash but as yet no disc...

I spoke to their telephone operator a couple of days ago over a return and subsequent re-order of Erin B. Their position was that they were currently experiencing stocking problems and both my discs would be out to me by the early part of this week (at the latest).

I'll let you know whats happening when I find out (ring em thursday morn)
    Keep everyone informed folks, knowledge is power... blah, blah blah. :D

7. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks PFM,

I'll keep everyone up to speed on what's happening as well - don't know whether to be pleased or upset that someone else is experiencing exactly the same problem as me :confused:

Lillo, their address is:
    www.futureent.com

8. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I've used Futureent for about 10 orders over the last 3 months and all turned up within 2-3 days. So this is likely to be a one-off.

Play247 is still my favourite retailer for R2 though, but most of their R1 prices may be beaten by www.absound.ca (cheap and fast, they're my new favourite R1 supplier).

For more information about online DVD suppliers, check out: www.thedvdforums.com

9. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    OK people,

Panic over - Private Ryan turned up today :)

I s'pose you get used to a 2-3 day service don't you?

If the Futureent site had said despatch within 3-5 days I wouldn't have raised the thread, but this title was described as being usually despatched within 24 hrs, and I always reckon it's best to let everyone know just in case. ;)

We've just got to see if PFM gets his copy too :D

10. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah mine too :D

But no Erin B. as yet (although theyve not yet charged me for it ~ although promised for th early part of this week.

Till Friday....

[ 02-05-2001: Message edited by: PFM ]

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you know that I have had another sucessful purchase from Play. They even email me know to let me know its been posted.

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never used them before but last week I ordered three dvds..well, the Toy story box set and Tigerland (dunno if that last one is out yet though). With today it'll be a week and still no delivery..gonna be on the phone to them this morning..

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Odd. Guess I've just been lucky. :)

14. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget folks there's that little matter of census forms flooding your local sorting office at the moment. I've used both Play and Future ent and both have been very good. So don't worry.

15. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok Folks...

Here is an update on my situation,
    Below is a copy of a letter sent as dated

18th April 2001
    Nigel,

As per our conversation today, here is enclosed the copy of Zulu (order No. XXXXX) for return. I trust that the £6.99 will be credited against the other order discussed (order No. XXXXX, Erin Brokovich @ £10.99), thus leaving a balance of £4.00 to be debited from my credit card details.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter and once it is resolved I will look forward to purchasing from your company again.

Regards.

I did purchase again (The aforementioned Saving Private Ryan DTS). and this turned up after lets say "several days in the post"

Yesterday still without the copy of Erin (ordered 18th March) I telephoned them again.
    Strangley a small child picked up the phone and was remonsratated by an adult and then ushered out of the room whilst somebody else picked up the call on a seperate line.

Anyway I was informed that the Erin order had not yet cleared customs/entered the country and would be well over a week (possibly 2 weeks) away. As a result I cancelled my order and requested that the money I had in credit was returned to my credit card.

I am not knocking Future Ent (as all retailers sometimes have stock problems)but my credit card statement tells me that this company is also known as Personal Imports, Sittingbourne.

Alarm bells are ringing for two reasons

1. Not so long ago the UK authorities shut down a lot of UK based importers (BBFC classification reasons/customs etc) this was covered in an article by HCC & a lot of people lost money on orders placed and paid for prior to the raids.

2. My conversations lead me to believe that Future Ent is actually based out of a bedroom/private residence (background nioses TV/kids playing etc)

I am not attempting to slur this company as other than the stock problems & order times I have had no problems (although only 1 actual disc has been purchased. I am however airing my concerns as I would hate for anyone to get burnt should this company go belly up.

I invite Future Ent/Personal Imports to reply and set these fears to rest and hopefully in doing so increase their business.
    :)

[ 05-05-2001: Message edited by: PFM ]

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here, in brief is my experience of Future Entertainment:

1) Ordered 2 discs (on the recommendations of certain parties on this bulletin board) Rugrats in Paris and Mummy UE, both readily available from my usual retailers. I was told max delivery time of 3/4 days.
    2) 14 days later phoned up and was told to call back another time as the man WAS JUST TO BUSY TO DEAL WITH MY ENQUIRY NOW!!!!3) Made contact at THEIR convenience and was told there was a credit card mix-up and that the disc's had been sent that morning
    4) 3 Day's later no disc's-phoned up very annoyed to find out that they had not been sent in fact they didn't even have them in stock and if i wanted to blame someone it should be the salesgirl who had unfortunately just gone on holiday that day!!
    5) Cancelled order

WILL CUT MY OWN ARM OFF WITH A BLUNT TOOTHBRUSH BEFORE EVER CALLING THEM AGAIN
    Just blatant lies and fobbing off!!! I would whole-heartedly advise AGAINST using them.
    This is an absolutely none-biased account of these event's and can be considered as a "gospel truth/word for word" reconstruction

Regards

SteveEX

17. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Ordered a dozen discs from these and got The Rock instead of Rocky I returned the disc but they still charged me for it. I got my credit card bill with all sorts of strange amounts including a credit which was nowhere near what I was owed. Emailed them as I worked out they still owed me 15 quid. Have not not had it credited to my card yet. Stick with Play247 thats my advice.

18. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Blimey guys,

Have I opened a can o' worms here?

Please - can everyone who deals/has dealt with Future Entertainment respond with their views, both good and bad, as I thought that I was onto a winner with them (price wise), rather than Play 247.

Together we can provide a decent base of consumer reactions, and can draw our own, informed opinions. :)

19. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Got to agree with you there Juz.

I thought this company was the one I was looking for (plenty of good back catalogue titles at very respectible prices...) I hope that my aforementioned concerns are unfounded, but I need to know from the others out there. :confused:

PS No credit placed back on my card as yet (give em 2 more days and I'll have to ring their office/home/bedroom)

[ 06-05-2001: Message edited by: PFM ]

20. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've had about 10 discs from them over the last few months and no obvious problems.

BTW, why are you messing round with the supplier when you have a credit card issue? The simplest solution is to speak to your card issuer and arrange a chargeback. Sometimes just threatening a chargeback is enough to get some action, I suppose because it puts the merchant in the credit card co's bad books.

21. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've never ordered from them but I have seen numerous posts in various places complaining about them in the last several weeks.

I've always bought from Play - 40+ discs delivered fast at good prices with great customer service - but I'm trying out an order with new supplier Star DVD's now who are very cheap. If their service matches their prices then it looks very good for all of us! :D

Ptm

22. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually the credit card thing was that "apparently" (needless to say the other hundreds of order's have never bought such problems) my address didn't match with my card number on re-examination all details were correct as i knew they were and given the amount of previous B**LS**T i do not believe this either.
    Re-ordered with Disc Emporium (probably the most expensive retailer but certainly the best and my usual supplier) and needless to say the disc's arrived next morning

23. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Steve,

Got to say, Disc Emporium are pretty good aren't they? Worth the extra? Probably

24. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well its now about two weeks and still no dvds.
    I rang them again this morning (questionable background noises for an office environment), the chap told that they had sent out the wrong box set and they were out of the set i wanted, the other single dvd is due to arrive yesterday. Yet when i rang them last thurs i was assured they would be with me over the weekend just gone..

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: Kwipy ]

25. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know for a fact that this is a residential house... Crikey guys... don't you realise that many internet based businesses are run from private homes [don't you watch the Simpsons] But that doesn't mean they're dodgy. My friend lives in Sittingbourne and has seen the premises so he can always send the boys round for you. Put simply I'd say this... if you want service use play... if you want the odd smutty disc, or hard to get disc [such as Enemy Mine which I ordered from them and recieved no problem] then use Futureent. And just have a little patience. For another company that supplies hard to get discs try DVDmod.com... their associated with techtronics and again I have used them several times in the past.

26. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Still no Refund

Gonna Ring Egg...

And then e-mail you about those heavy's.... :D

27. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Len,

Whilst I agree that we should be patient, the thing is, that in this day and age, if one company can't get its act together, and get an order sorted and delivered correctly, then people will simply leave them, and go elsewhere.

Personally, I use either DC-DVD or Play247 (when DC-DVD's price is too much higher than Play's). So many companies nowadays, are simply fly-by-night firms/people, who are out to con customers every step of the way.

Sorry, but I'll stick to tried and tested firms who know what they are actually doing, even if they do charge a little bit more money.

Pooch

28. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yep...

Its back to Play & DVD Box Office for me :cool:

29. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    PFM,

Would that be Play "flooded warehouses hence no dispatches/email responses/telephones answered", "little plane from Jersey can't hold more than 10 discs" 247?

Reliable? hmm... :eek:

30. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    OK Guys - break it up, break it up ;)

I really wanted to like Future, and, like I said, their service bar this one occasion (see top of thread) was v. good.

I'm pretty confused now, especially after reading about LV426's Customs fiasco with Play 247 - it seems you can get reimbursed by Play, but it's a load of old hassle innit?

What's a DVD-lover to do??????

And why do we keep getting screwed for absolutely everything in this country?...I think it's time I stood for Parliament. :D