1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Entertainment - Warning

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jammy, Dec 17, 2002.

1. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I advised my girlfriend to buy her Xmas pressies from FUTUREENT on around the middle of October. Her discs got lost in the post and we got onto FUTUREENT and they advised us they are no longer replacing discs! If now you lose a disc they will very kindly forward you a Royal Mail claim form and you have to claim from them!!! So I duly filled in the form and sent it off. It's been two months now and they still haven't done anything. Now I phone them and they tell me Royal Mail are refusing to recompense. So I have to buy the discs again and this time from a professional outfit like Play who will replace a disc that gets lost in the post. I used FUTUREENT regularly and now realise it's better the extra pound or two more. You have been warned!

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Oh dear thats not good. They replaced one for me before, guess ill be shopping elsewhere now too. May have to cancel my preorders too, although they charge you for that.

3. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She used her debit card which I believe is equivalent to a cash payment.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a shame mate, but still worth talking to her bank :)

5. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Emailed them to cancel my copy of XXX, and told them that i thought that their new policy was shocking. CD wow and ab sound from now on.:D

6. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    cd wow have xxx for 12.50 anyway!!!

7. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yes they do but i wanted region 1 not 3 ordered from ab sound £12.60 with postage that will do

8. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I wonder if Future Entertainment actually bother to read this forum, seeing as they sponsor it.

Their policy is crap, and on that basis I would never use them, no matter how cheap they are.

9. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry, I wrote the mail and sent it to them.
    They sent me back a shirty mail saying that the Royal Mail were going to recompense. They just didn't know when.
    I mailed 'em back with some of the responses, I'd received from my original mail.

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read the terms & conditions about this on Future Ent's website.

http://www.futureent.com/helpdesk/shipping.php

11. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Post deleted. You severely broke rule number 1. Do that again and you're banned. Spectre.]

12. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They also seem to be doing soething else new....... the discs which they shipped on the 9th for me....... well having not arrived i checked yesterday and the site had been updated to the 13th..... strange.......

i feel that the forum banner should be petitioned to change....... they clearly do NOT offer fast delivery.

ad

13. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,137
    Never having made a claim in the post, I can't say whether the Royal Mail require a form signed by the intended recipient before a clam can be made.

If, in order for Future Ent to get compensation from Royal Mail they have to get a signed document from the recipient that they haven't received the goods then there's not much else Future Ent can do to recoup the loss.

Not commenting either way on the policy - just trying to see it from both sides.
    IMO they should send recorded as should all DVD retailers as Royal Mail are so awful.

14. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I've attempted to make claims from Royal Mail before :(

They deny any knowledge.

They say the packaging was insufficient and your claim is invalid.

They are totally inadequate !!!

The Queen should force them to remove Royal.

On another note I have used Future ent for months and have not been dissapointed or had anything lost in the post :)

15. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've used Future Ent three time. Good service twice, dodgy service once.

I ordered a disk, they sent me the wrong disk. I sent the the disk back, they did nothing for a few weeks, ignored/never replied to a couple of emails and then after a bit of hasseling they credited my money back.

no big deal, but annoying as the movie I had ordered had been deleted from producation and so was getting progressively harder to obtain.

All said and done, I might use them again, but its unlikely as i've always found the disks cheaper elsewhere.

Regards

-------
    Edit

For editorial reasons im required to say "my name is Mark and im a recovering DVDcoholic that wasnt happy with Future Ent"

16. a1bert

a1bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it that big companies like Future Ent. can TAKE our money easily, but are reluctant to give it back when THEY make a mistake?

I received a damaged ET gift set! (£40). Posted it back to them ( I had to pay postage) in the same padded envelopes it arrived in,with their address etc.

Several e-mails later, they claim not to have received it. I spend a lot of money on DVD's. If your reading this Future - - you will not be getting any more of it!

Very unhappy!!:mad:

17. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've sent them a howler too. I won't be purchasing from them until they change the policy. Pity.

I've been very happy with Future Entertainment and more than half of my DVDs have come from them, but this new policy clearly disregards the distance selling regulations (and they are covered because they operate out of Sittingbourne) and involves the customer in ridiculous hassle.

It aggravates their other policy that the customer has to pay the postage to return damaged or wrong DVDs - which also contravenes distance selling regulations.

This seems like a lame attempt to excuse the site's sponsor.

The SENDER has to claim from Royal Mail, not the intended recipient, and Future are just getting the customer to do the bulk of the administration concerned with claiming. This is made clear by the fact a certificate of posting has to be submitted with the claim form - something that is only available to the sender.

It is all about customer service, really - and this is not customer service, it is supplier service!

The likes of Play do not impose this ridiculous policy - so how does your claim that the recipient has to certify the loss stand up in the light of that?

So come on Future Entertainment, let's hear from you. And let's hear that you are changing the policy.

18. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Would love to hear a response from them but i very much doubt we will.

19. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Is there actually any DVD supplier that you couldn't pick a fault with???

I could list faults with nearly everyone I use but touch wood none have happened to me :)

About the only one I cannot fault is ezydvd.

20. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Virtually everything I get from cdwow arrives with a damaged case :(

Discs are fine just the case damaged probably due to being at the bottom of a big pile of heavier cargo.

I don't send them back though as find it simpler to just replace the case with ones I have. Only prob now is just received xbox game with damaged case and I dont have any green ones.

21. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only received a couple of CDs from CD-WOW with damaged cases. All DVDs have arrived intact.

You don't have to send them back. If you go to the contact bit of the CD-WOW website, there is an option for you to inform them of a damaged case. Just pick the type of case from the drop-down list and they will send you out a replacement case - no questions asked.

Like I said, I can't fault them ;)

Lots of other suppliers will just send out replacement cases too. For example, Play, Amazon, MVC, etc do this as well.

I wonder what Future Ent's policy is on sending out replacement cases? (rhetorical question)

22. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received this reply from my email to Future Entertainment:

"Dear Sir,
    Unfortunately Royal Mail are no longer prepared to reimburse our company in full for missing items, but they are willing to pay the customer, which is why we have changed the procedure.

Kind Regards"

My response to this is simply - change your delivery agent, then.

23. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've now written this to Future (in reply to their reply quoted above). I'll let you know if they reply.

24. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder why Royal Mail are no longer prepared to reimburse them when they appear to reimburse other suppliers?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they are shipping R1 DVDs from the UK without customs notifications...

As you say though Cliff, whatever the case, there's nothing to stop them changing their carrier. They could ship their DVDs by courier and simply charge for P&P - genius! :rolleyes: If they're worried that business will drop because delivery would no longer be free, I think they need to realise how much MORE business they'll be losing because of their current policy.

25. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Thanks SG will contact them now :)

26. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome :)

I've just looked and there is no option for games cases as yet, so you'd have to choose "other".

You might want to suggest to them that they take the case from the same game from their stock and send you that. :)

Knowing that spare snapper cases are not easily come by, I suggested this to MVC once for a couple of snapper cases that were damaged in transit. They refused. Instead, they wanted me to return the entire DVDs so they could replace them :rolleyes: So I refused :D We reached a compromise whereby they sent me some Amaray cases instead. Always handy to have.

27. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I chose other and in the comments box put xbox game case :)
    you put the order number there too so hopefully will get the right one :)

Cheers m8

28. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,137
    Jammy, Squirrel God, buns, Desticado, a1bert, CWB, - you have all made what are damaging posts about Future Ent.
    I'm not posting this because they are a forum sponsor, but because you are all breaking forum rules with regard to what you can and can't say about other people.
    You could be competing retailers out to damage Future Ent.
    So you must all put your real names in your signatures, please.
    Or delete your posts.

29. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spectre,

I do not wish to give my real name publically on the forum, although I have done, and am happy to do so, in private PMs. I would be happy to PM you my real identity if that would suffice, together with a link to my home pages at work. There are also regular members on the forum that know that I do not work for any DVD supplier and have nothing to do with AV sales at all.

If this is not acceptable, then could you please delete my posts which break the forum rules as I am not sure which ones do and which ones are okay.

Thanks. :)

30. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,137
    3 posts by Squirrel God deleted.