1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Entertainment - Still No Credit

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by denonman, Feb 11, 2003.

1. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just over 3 months ago my copy of ATTACK OF THE CLONES was shipped to me, it was lost and i am still waiting for my credit.I am no a happy bunny.I'd been using them for years now but not anymore. Surely if an item goes awol they should replace/ credit said dvd. [Derogatory statement removed by Mod]

2. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +644
    Oh, Future Entertainment, just do a search on either these forums or thedvdforums and wait and see, tales of abuse, swearing at customers, refusals to refund etc. etc. I think their latest policy is that if a package goes missing it is the customers problem and you will have to take it up with the post office yourself (this despite PO policy stating the sender has to chase up!)

Good luck mate I wish you well:rolleyes:

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate - 50 odd purchases later and I have nothing but praise for them. There is a thing in retail - give a good service to 1 customer, and they MIGHT tell one other person - give bad service to 1 person and they WILL tell at least 5 other people. Seems true here - no one comes on here and says Futyreent were brilliant, or DVDWow were superb. It's because we all expect good service. Futureent have dispathed over half a million DVD's (if the order numbers are correct) and there are 4 or 5 threads here complaining - not a bad ratio I'd say.

However, I will say that I have met the owner on several occasions and he is a [Deleted by Mod - sorry Army Bloke but I don't think you can say that!!]. They used to be a company that was raided along with laser enterprises, and he had ALL his PERSONAL collection confiscated by FACT - 500 odd LD's, which were all destroyed, so IMO, he is entitled to be miserable....

4. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Some fair points there armybloke, but ive seen countless comments made about how great CDWOW are.

I used to use Future Ent too but not since they changes their policy. And treated me badly too.

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,058
    well I've just checked my history with them and I've ordered 200 movies since Nov '01 and never had a single problem..I used to buy loads from Play until I was introduced to Future and have never looked back.

Big thumbs up from me to all at Future..:smashin:

6. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go easy talking about futureent,spectre will get the hump and ban you.he loves them;)

7. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Denonman,

Obviously you are upset, but if you wish to post such allegations can you please include your full name in your post as stated in the rules.

I too have used Future Ent on many occassions and have found them to be great :smashin:

8. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    STEVE YOUNG

9. VinneMac

VinneMac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I to would like to add my voice in support of Future Entertainment.

Out of all the DVD's I have ordered from them I have never had any titles go missing and I have always been satisfied with the service they provide.

I would also like to add that Future Entertainement now give you the option to have your titles sent via recorded delivery if you so wish.

10. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    That was an wild period.
    It would be interesting to know how it all ended, the inside story as it were. I used to buy my laser discs from LE back then. FACT sure caused a stir.

11. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    LE are still going strong they are now known as Enterprisesdvd
    They still provide excellent service (although they a bit pricey)

12. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks. I knew that, still have them in my favourites. Only stopped getting their mailer book as I stopped ordering from them as soon as the internet was in my house.

What I'd like to know is who informed FACT about them etc? It's a long tail of trader vrs trader I believe.

13. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I guess that I'm one of the many folks who went over from using Play exclusively to using Futureent, and I have to concur with the generally positive sentiments expressed about their service.

I've just had to return a faulty disc - my first in about two years of using Futureent - to the company and they were helpful at each turn.

My feeling is that I've had so few bad experiences with ordering via the internet, that the odd bad issue - late arrival of discs, slower dispatch, etc. - seems much bigger and more important than it really is, because I've come to expect such generally great service and have an overwhelmingly positive expectation of the way that Futureent, Play and the other companies will do business: The odd glitch tends to jump out.

I'm not saying that these companies get it right all the time - nobody's perfect, after all - but they do tend to offer good value and have proven themselves pretty reliable to me and all the people that I've recommended them to.

14. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I've never used Future Entertainment but from what I have read about them - the abuse given to customers and the lost post -deal with it yourself policy, I never will.

15. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What about all the good stuff that is written about them?

16. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Good stuff or not, any company that asks the customer to sort out lost DVDs themselves is not a company I shall ever be using.

17. lightningvictim

lightningvictim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    How long does the postage normally take from FutureEnt.com as I have had a confirmation dispatch email for about a week and still no sign of the goods - I did however ask for them to be sent registered so I should be covered on that front as their website details the registered post number...

The confirmation email states "Please allow up to 10 days for goods to arrive from date of despatch before pursuing any item(s). All goods are directly despatched from North America and, whilst the majority arrive within 2 working days, some items may be subject to customs clearance hold-ups and can take slightly longer to reach you. This notice does not affect your statutory right to replacements for lost mail."

Seems to go against what the initial thread poster experienced....

18. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20,164
    Hi,

Keep phoning them, tell them the problem is not sorted, or send loads of same emails, dont swear but word it strongly, say you will have to involve the trading standards as you are not going buy your policy, get their names. Tell them word of mouth is going around how bad a company they are. Can you not gey your credit card company involved if future do not buge.

I still use them, but it only needs one slip under for a customer to get annoyed. I never had a problem yet touch wood. But when i had a faulty dvd, i phoned them to exchange it, no problems.

regards

rai

19. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Future Ent charged me twice for one dvd.

I'm still waiting for my refund.

20. lovemovies

lovemovies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Iv'e been using Future since the 1990's. Going back to Laserdisc. I haven't had any problems. They give regular mails, constantly reminding you what you have on order and what they have just dispatched etc.

I think Future and Laser Enterprises were shut down because you could walk in and see R1 discs on display in there shops. If I was nearby I would look in to see if they had any on the shelf that they might have forgotten to put in their catalogues.