Future Entertainment - Heroes or Villains?

S

Scart2RGB

Just had a bizarre conversation with the guys at Future Entertainment regarding a recent DVD order. My connection with their Web site fell over during order confirmation for Traffic - so I went and ordered from an alternate supplier. Called today to ask them if they did get it to cancel it - they said it had already been dispatched, and I can return for a fee. My problem is I received no confirmation of the order, that's why I ordered it from an alternate site (for £1 more!). Clearly I'll send the DVD back when it arrives (because I don't need 2!), and take the issue up with my credit card company, but should I have to do this? Anyone else have similar experiences? What is the general consensus on Future Entertainment?

Scart,

You said: "My connection with their Web site fell over during order confirmation for Traffic - so I went and ordered from an alternate supplier. Called today to ask them if they did get it to cancel it - they said it had already been dispatched, and I can return for a fee. My problem is I received no confirmation of the order, that's why I ordered it from an alternate site (for £1 more!)."

As you had no confirmation of the order, then technically, Future should cover all expenses if they want this title back from you, or else you can keep the DVD free of charge, as you were sent it without any request from you or any member of your family. Best bet, is to send them an e-mail. State that you are giving them 28 days to recover the DVD they sent you by mistake, at their expense, and if they fail to do so, you will be keeping it.

Any one else care to offer a pointer on this one?

Pooch

Not familiar with the UK law, but are the obliged to send a confirmation?
Do they actually normally do that, what does their webpage say?

Under the new UK Distance Selling law you get a 14 days cool off period when you buy things with mail order or online.

This means as long as you don't open the packaging you can return the disc no questions asked. (Might also be at their expense as well)

Invoices from Future Entertainment reference an address in the US - this is a very unclear area of law and I'm not sure UK law will have any bearing on this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom