Future Employment Advice

PocketBunny

Hello all.

I fell into my current role (Relationship Manager) through a temping agency. Worked my way up a the rungs and ended up doing this for the past 15 months (been with my current employer for 2 years).

In this time i have worked alongside the contract manager in order to get the data transferred from one contractor to another, specced up various things for the new CMS system. Obtained feedback from all the users and got some updates implemented that were deemed necessary.

Anyway, the project is winding down and my role will be coming to a close in the coming months (i have had a conversation with my superior and he kindly told me that im ok until the end of January), so ive been looking around for a similar role, as i enjoy what i do currently.

The issue i am having is knowing where to look and also if there are any agencies which deal in this area or with roles like mine. I have only used high street agencies before and they seem to be more admin/customer service orientated than what i am after.

I am looking for vacanies on the net and applying directly currently, i just want make my net as wide as possible :)

I know i only have limited experience in this role, but im hoping that having gone through a tendering process and getting a system to the specification that my employer wanted it to be, would put me in a with a chance of getting something similar.

Any advice that can be offered, will be greatly appreciated.

Luke.

=adrian=

The websites I usually check for work are:

s1jobs.com (not sure where you are, this is for Scotland)
indeed.co.uk
monster.co.uk
reed.co.uk
jobcentre - jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

You probably knew all of them and this is probably not what you are after, but what the heck, I'll post it anyway.

HTH

PocketBunny

Thanks mate. Should have mentioned i am based in London.

The main reason im asking is because my current agency say they dont normally get jobs like the one im after, so are unlikely to be able to help me. So was hoping for somewhere which may be able to help me more.

Called Michael Page today and provided them my CV so hopefully they may be able to help.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
You call your role 'relationship manager' though it does sound similar to a 'project manager', is that accurate? Just might be another search term for you if you hadn't considered it.

logiciel

What is a relationship manager?
What is a project manager?

PocketBunny

The main difference is that i am not the lead, and i do not have to worry about all the service deliverables and the finances.

I deal with a very specific set of the deliverables and operate as the interface between the clients and the contractors.

I must admit, this is a title that was given to me, i may be being naive in thinking that it is actually accurate to my role.

Phil57

The main difference is that i am not the lead, and i do not have to worry about all the service deliverables and the finances.

I deal with a very specific set of the deliverables and operate as the interface between the clients and the contractors.

I must admit, this is a title that was given to me, i may be being naive in thinking that it is actually accurate to my role.
Glad you cleared that up, I was thinking you were a marriage guidance counsellor!!;)

PocketBunny

:p

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom