1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future DVD? Anyone good?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GarethH, Oct 26, 2000.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  2. Ace007

Ace007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gareth,

I ordered MI:2 from them today, they said I should receive it tomorrow or monday....

I will will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Ace

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered MI:2 and Shanghai Noon from them Yesterday and they have said I should recieve both within the next few days....s'pose someone has to try out these companies to see if they are any good !!

Bit strange how they are based in Kent though...thought they wouldn't be allowed to sell R1 ??

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

4. Ace007

Ace007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jason,

Like you say no companies are allowed to sell R1 DVD's as they are not not BBFC ripped....sorry I mean censored. But they are allowed to import them on your behalf, that's how all these companies work.

Cheers

Ace

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really up to date on all the 'in's and out's ' of DVD retail in this country.

I always thought that even companies acting as personal importation services still had to be based outside the UK...but I am probably wrong.

Dont really care to be honest if Future get my discs to me OK !

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi All,

Is it just me, or does the layout of the site for "Future", look distinctly too-similar to "Play 247's" website?!

"Future" is based in Kent, whilst "Play" is based in Jersey, but why should both these sites have such a close resemblance in layout, graphics, etc? I get the impression they are related in some way, but how, I don't know....

Someone has already mentioned about operating an importation service, from within the UK, which as far as I am aware, is illegal, so how are "Future" running their business, and more to the point, where from?

This is going to sound extremely pessamistic, but it all seems a little suspect, me thinks.... I'm going to stick with my tried-and-tested DVD importation company.

Whilst we are on this subject, I'm getting concerned with many of these new DVD importation sites that are suddenly springing up out of nowhere, promising the earth. Hasn't anyone forgotten what has happened to people who ordered titles from www.thedvdplace.co.uk Well, customers there got their fingers burnt, as many found they paid for DVD's and then never received them! They also discovered, that the telephone support lines became discontinued, and the website mysteriously vanished, all without any warning!

For those of you trying out any of these new companies, be wary, especially if your firm runs from a PO Box number, and you don't know where they are really based! Keep printouts of any orders you placed, or else you may end up being well and truly screwed over!

Pooch

[This message has been edited by PoochJD (edited 28-10-2000).]

7. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well personally I do not mind loosing 20 quid to try out a new service. They do seem pretty good and I have heard one or two good comments. I am almost certain that they keep stock in UK!. Come on if they say they have it in stock and promise it will arrived within 2 days then they have got to be legit. Otherwise people will be ordering and within 2 days we will get complaints and nobody will order.

As for the DVD place, that looked dodgy right from the start. Now come on what sort of DVD retailer asks you to go and search on Amazon to find details of each DVD?

The DVD place does seem to be good. I may give them a go when I order my next DVD title! Which will be X-Men or Pitch Black (after I have seen it in the Cinema).

8. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered Toy Story 1&2 (2disc)from Future entertainment ,it came in 3 days.
    Great service,but i would only order if they say they have it in stock.