1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future AV software updates (Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD)

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by AsM0DeUz, Aug 21, 2005.

1. AsM0DeUz

AsM0DeUz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I actually own a AV32bp192 7.1

I planned (before TAG "stories") to upgrade it to DP but before doing anything, i'd like to know if IAG will continue to improve the software of the TAG products.
    When it was TAG, there were many updates but now i don't see any software release (no hard neither).

The improvement of the calculation power of the DP is interesting if they plan to release software upgrade to handle "Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD" formats. Otherway i don't see why i would upgrade to the DP version.

Do you think they will continue software development ?

Regards

2. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't think anyone (that can talk) really knows to be honest whether IAG will continue with software development or not. I can confirm though that they are currently working on the DP/192 software to fix a small DTS issue but that's about it...

As to whether it's worth upgrading though, well imho most definately, even if it's only for TMREQ! - I found a huge improvement with the DP over the SP... Decisions decisions :D

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    It depends what your after really. I very much doubt that any mid-priced receiver type with DD+ and DTS HD will compete with a non-DD+/DTS HD 32r DP.
    Again i use the comparison of the £400 Pioneer SACD/DVD-A player that was nowhere near as good as a 10 year old!!! £2000 sit-up-and-beg cd transport and DAC when comparing (i.e) 2 channel SACD Pink Floyd DSOTM against cd layer of DSOTM. I really would NOT get hung up on comparisons of DD+/DTS HD unless you are going to buy a £4000 (DP equivalent) processor with DD+/DTS HD.

Regards

Steven

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Extra formats would be pretty low on my list of reasons for upgrading to a DP. TMREQ is the reason why you should get one :thumbsup:

5. AsM0DeUz

AsM0DeUz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know if i upgrade my tag, it will be rebadget to Audiolab ? I'd prefer not :cool:

Do you know if the upgrade product quality (low cost components) has lowered since it is done by Audiolab or is the same boards ?

Regards