• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Future Automation PS50-A Bracket - opinions?

alistaln

Established Member
I'm seriously considering the Future Automation PS50-A bracket. I've had a quote of £650 from Sevenoaks, and found it elsewhere (details on my other PC so I don't have them to hand) for £500+£35 shipping.

http://www.futureautomation.co.uk/wallmounts5.htm

That's a large wedge of cash for the bracket - does anyone have one of these and cares to offer an opinion? Do people consider them overpriced and recommend going elsewhere?

S

ScanMan

Are you going to be installing the motorized options, if not you may like to consider the Vogels unit.

http://www.avrabbit.com/product-Vog...t-Wall-Mount-----SPECIAL-PRICING-----113.html

I've just got one from AVRabbit (£230 ish) and so far its impressive. I've mounted it on the wall and it looks really cool. The plasma doesn't arrive until Thrusday so havent given it a full road test yet but will post more info later if your interested.

Oops, just realised your getting a 50" screen, not sure the Vogels unit will take that, its rated up to 45Kg

alistaln

Established Member
I'm going for the manual option and not the motorised options, so thanks for this. The Vogel EFW6345 looks lovely but only does up to 43" and I need a 50" version. There are some other options there - that are possibilities. I'll fire a question to avrabbit and see what they come up with as advice. Thanks ScanMan.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
The Future Automation unit is the best made bracket and very well engineered lovely smooth action well worth the moeny but shop around for a price there is lots of profit in them hence the sevenoaks quote if you are going to the bristol HiFi show check to see if they are exhibiting as they may do a show special offer direct to the customer

alistaln

Established Member
Agreed. Just ringing round the Berkshire traders off the FA website has yielded £450 from both

FUTURE HOME LTD @ WOKINGHAM / 01189 798 282
AUDIO VENUE @ MAIDENHEAD / 01628 633 995

So that's saving another £85 very easily.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
i recon you can get it for £400-420 if you collect and not all dealers are on the website so try your local BADA dealers too

S

ScanMan

alistaln said:
I'm going for the manual option and not the motorised options, so thanks for this. The Vogel EFW6345 looks lovely but only does up to 43" and I need a 50" version. There are some other options there - that are possibilities. I'll fire a question to avrabbit and see what they come up with as advice. Thanks ScanMan.

Maybe the Vogels mount would work OK.
Just looking at the Pio spec, its only 31.8Kg which is well within the Vogles capabilities. The only reason they say 42" is because of the clever swivel mechanism whereby the TV is allowed to swivel more as the TV is pulled away from the wall. This is a design feature to prevent the TV from hitting the wall. I've got mine for use with the Pana 42" PV500 which is 1140mm wide and there is miles of clearance on full swivel throughout the range so I feel sure the Pio at 1224mm wouldn't have a problem.

I suppose the other (and very important) thing to check is the mounting hole dimensions on the Pio, if anybody has them I can check if the Vogels mount will fit.

W

WR Blue

Horny is quite right, the mount is very well engineered and fits the 506 perfectly. Articulated arm brackets really are not in this league.

alistaln

Established Member
In the end I went with Future Home @ £450 as that was the cheapest I could get locally including BADA retailers. I'm sure I could have shaved a bit more off if I searched throughout the UK to every retailer, but I felt I'd got enough off, so gave up - especially as Sevenoaks locally in Reading felt that this was low enough that they wouldn't price match it, at the same time as price-matching about £3,000 of other AV kit :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom