• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Futurama returns

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Other sources only mention 13eps, either way great news:)

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Wasn't overly impressed with the movies, haven't seen the last one yet though, but the TV show was quality so glad to hear it's back. :clap:

Adcook

Distinguished Member
This is great news, I read it was 2 seasons of 13 eps which is where the confusion has probably come in. The DVDs were pretty good, they did get better as they went along.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Why? Because there is nothing else left now not adorned with The Simpsons?

eL-ZilCHo!

Established Member
"Good News Everyone!"

I think Futurama is brilliant, as both my username and signature are testament to.

Definately my favourite of all the prime-time cartoons.

Hopefully they'll do it justice.

Last edited:

jabintendo

Prominent Member
I am totally lost with futurama since it first got cancelled. Are the new movies/tv eps any good?

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Just a reminder that the new season of Futurama starts on Sky One tomorrow at 8pm :smashin:

Brand New Futurama on Sky1! - Sky1 HD

Seems to be getting much better reviews than the last season, which I must admit I haven't seen yet!

thanks for the heads up, i didnt even know about this!! loved Futurama but the series after it was cancelled not so much, will watch and hope with these!!:smashin:

For the sake of creating some discussion, whats everyones favourite episodes, i have 2 that make me laugh and cry...

1st. The one where Fry gets his dog back, funny and heart breaking, the scene where he decides not to recover seymour as
he believes that he wouldve had a full life without him, cue end credits of seymour not moving for the rest of his life waiting for
Fry.... CHOKING back the tears..:blush:

2nd. When he believes that his brother has stolen his identity (and lucky four leaf clover) and goes on a mission, sooo many funny lines:

Internet: "Fry was known for his hypnotic rhythms and driving bass lines"
Fry: "thats what I'M known for.."

then again, a heart breaking ending when we realise
Yancy had named his son in memory of his missing bro and that he had gone on inspired by his missing uncles
memory.... think i'm a sucker for an emotional story... :D

John 1987

Prominent Member
It is uncanny you mention those two, as they are the exact same two that always come to my mind as well. Never a dry eye when I watch them.

korny

Established Member
1st. The one where Fry gets his dog back, funny and heart breaking, the scene where he decides not to recover seymour as
he believes that he wouldve had a full life without him, cue end credits of seymour not moving for the rest of his life waiting for

2nd. When he believes that his brother has stolen his identity (and lucky four leaf clover) and goes on a mission, sooo many funny lines:

Yancy had named his son in memory of his missing bro and that he had gone on inspired by his missing uncles

Both great episodes. I do get watery eyes with the dog one too, sad story along with sad music.

I have enjoyed the new episodes so far.

douki

Prominent Member
thanks for the heads up, i didnt even know about this!! loved Futurama but the series after it was cancelled not so much, will watch and hope with these!!:smashin:

For the sake of creating some discussion, whats everyones favourite episodes, i have 2 that make me laugh and cry...

I always really enjoy "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid". When the Brains attack and we find out all about Nibbler.

Another that comes to mind is "Godfellas" which is the one when Bender gets lost in space and he becomes the God of a small civilization which grows on him.

..oh and the one where anchovies are extinct and Fry spends his entire billion dollar fortune on the last remaining tin :laugh:

..oh and the one with the Amazonion women where Fry, Zapp and Kiff are 'punished' by snu snu! :eek: :)

There are so many great episodes. Of the movies I think I enjoyed The Beast with a Billion Backs the most. I haven't seen any of the new series yet. Amazon has Season 6 for preorder available 24th Septemeber, so I'll definitely be picking that one up.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
You want to watch Season 5 first, it picks up after the last film and what Amazon are calling Season 6 is actually the second part of Season 5, I imported the US release just before xmas.

douki

Prominent Member
You want to watch Season 5 first, it picks up after the last film and what Amazon are calling Season 6 is actually the second part of Season 5, I imported the US release just before xmas.

OK bit confusing. I thought season 5 was just the movies split up into episodes? In which case I've seen them already.

EDIT:

Figured it out.

*runs off to buy season 5* :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Nope entirely new episodes and a few really good ones in there.

Master X

Established Member
Yes, the dog one always makes me sad. HOWEVER...to take the edge off...

SPOILERS

Go see one of the Futurama movies. It turns out it lives out the rest of its life with Fry/Lars when he time travels. At least I think so from what I remember.

AnimalOfAnarchy

Established Member
This makes me very happy. I love Futurama so I look forward to watching this!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom