futronix p100

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by shoalin kid, May 5, 2003.

1. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was thinking of buying this dimmer switch ,it has 2 circuits max load of 600 watt (300 per circuit) i was going to connect 9 50 watt downlighters.has anyone had or got 1 and are they any good ,cant afford same spec lutron:confused:

2. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had two of the P400 units for over two years now with no problems. They seem to do all the Lutron units do at less cost. They also work well with my Pronto Remote

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The only thing that they don't do that Lutron do is have a ful house/multiroom lighting control (to the same sort of levels of flexability).

Do you have noise problems with the control unit?
    (Any loud buzzing etc.?)

4. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will it work with the learning remote with the denon AVC 1SE it has lutron on it but not futronix .does the p100 dim down from 1 scene to another with 1 button press or will i need to hold the button on my denon remote

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You will be able to learn the codes into your Denon remote I think, just like any other code.

Pretty sure there are theme/scene presets/prgrammes available that will do the job you want.

6. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks 4 info

7. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive now ordered my dimmer switch should be here soon hope its as good as you say .looking foward to getting my room set up

8. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have had a P100 for 3 years now.
    2 fully independant channels
    Variable fade rates 1 second - 1+ hour, single button press - no holding anything down.
    20 scene memory.

IMPORTANT.
    Ensure you fit a correctly rated fast blow fuse to each of the out-going circuits (500mA per 125w load if you like - as a guide) as the P100 is the only dimmer of that range that has no over-current protection. When a lamp expires it presents (for a VERY short period of time) what is in effect a short circuit, the net effect is that after numerous lamps have gone you will knock out the triac driving the circuit, i have had this happen to both channels which cost me 50.00 + VAT to repair, 20mm fast blow glass fuses cost about 20p each.!!!
    Also be aware that this device requires a neutral to work (and an earth for functional protection), you will not in the normal course of events be able to take off a plateswitch and replace it with the P100 unless there is a neutral present.
    It is also very deep and JUST fits in a 40mm box.

Steve.

9. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks 4 the advice mate .can a neutral be run up from a socket,how did you do it

10. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Shaolin Kid.

I would not recommend you run a neutral from a switch socket alone, if there is not neutral present at the switch position then take a live and neutral (and earth if required) from a local switch socket VIA a SWITCHED FUSE SPUR UNIT.
    Make safe the existing live feed within the switch position (disconnect from the ceiling rose if poss.) and connect the existing switch wire.

Steve.

11. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers agian mate ,another question for you(sorry to be a pain) where do i install the fast blow fuses .my electrical knowledge goes no further than a plug , some else is going to fit for me so i can tell him

12. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive only just noticed ive spelt my name wrong ..doh!! cant change it unless i reregister can i

13. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    steve ,have got plasma and does it interfere with switch .i have plasma it will be a 2 metres or so away from the switch any problems

the SHAOLIN KID ......allow me to demonstrate the skill of shaolin ,the special technique of shadow boxing