1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fusion FVRT150 vs Thomson DHD4000

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dmartini, Jan 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dmartini

dmartini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have been reading this forum and DigitalSpy for the last week trying to work out which one I should get. I am bit confused with the lastest upgrades that both of these boxes have recieved. My question is :

Do they both now have the same functionality?

I am most interested in recording while viewing, chase viewing and ease of menu system. I see that the FVRT150 has a bigger disc size but I would forego this if the DHD4000 has better functionality.

Can you still get the PACE twin? if so where from and does it have the same functionality as the DHD4000 and FVRT150?

Many thanks :)
    Dan

2. diablo

diablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    The Pace Twin is no longer in production. The impression I get is that owners liked the features of the machine but were disappointed with failed recordings.

The Fusion and Thomson are now fairly similar in terms of software.

It does seem that a high percentage of the 80GB Fusion machines which are arriving from the manufacturing plant in Turkey are defective. Though I suppose that once you've got a good one it should be okay.

There are also reports that if the overnight download of the Fusion EPG goes wrong then it wipes out all the recordings on your drive. :rolleyes:

Better to wait for a new version of the Thomson, if you can.

diablo (Thomson owner, so probably a bit biased) :)