1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fusion FVRT100 fault

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by richjthorpe, Dec 17, 2004.

1. richjthorpe

Aug 2, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    dat london
    Hi all,

Last night we decided to record a drama about the whole cloning thing on BBC2 I think it was. Later on that night I watched something else I had recorded and when it finished went into the Library. The Hard disk was 0% free !! Instantly I blamed the wife for recording so many films but on closer inspection I noticed that the 'cloning drama' recordings frame shots were all exactly the same. I tried playing from each frame but it would just stutter and go no where. Obviously the recording was knackered so I deleted it and the hard disk indicator dropped to 58% free. The drama was only 60 minutes long, something that was backed up by there only being a dozen frames.

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Also, there have been a couple of time the EPG error warning has been displayed. I knew this happened but I thought only once. Any ideas ??

2. GeoffA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am having the same problem with my machine. I have contacted Fusion and they are blaming it on a low signal. I have asked them what level of signal I have to aim for to avoid the problem by have not received a reply yet. In addition to recordings being unplayable I also get freeze ups on a regular basis especially when the epg has downloaded. The only way out is to pull the power plus for a few seconds. A few months ago I bought a Humax and after many emails to the manufacturer I established that pulling the plug on a regular basis would solve most of the software problems. I have since swapped the humax for the Fusion but find I have jumped out of the frying pan, but at least I now have two tuners, compression when I need it, ability to record radio, ability to mark wher I have viewed to and a few other goodies. All in all the Fusion is the better of the two evils for 30 quid more. Does anyone know how to download the recording to a PC from the Fusion?