Fusion FVRT100 - can't receive updates

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dr-manhattan, Jun 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dr-manhattan

dr-manhattan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Thomson DHD4000, which receives Mux D from the Bilsdale transmitter. It updates the 4TV guide every night, no problem.

BUT - I bought a Fusion FVRT for my Dad. When I plugged it in to test it, it scanned and picked up all the frequencies/channels EXCEPT Mux D, so no updates, and no multiguide. This makes it fairly useless as a PVR.

So, if my Thomson works, but the Fusion doesn't, does that mean that the tuners in the fusion aren't as good? Would a signal booster help?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Do you and your dad use the same aerial ?

All digital boxes have a point at which they just stop receiving a signal. Two boxes of the same make and model will vary in performance slightly. If the DigiFusion is failing to pick up one of the muxes on the same aerial system, it might mean that its performance is slightly worse than the Thomson, but I don't think that's enough to assume that all DigiFusions are worse than all the Thomson boxes.

3. dr-manhattan

dr-manhattan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Different aerial, different transmitter!! I'm testing the Fusion on the same aerial feed as my Thomson, to make sure it works OK, before I pass it on to my dad. His reception of Mux D channels seems to be better than mine (on the Tacolneston transmitter), so I'm hoping it should work OK.

I've just bought a signal booster, so I'll have a play with it tonight and see how I get on.

4. Wig

Wig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get on with reception on the Digifusion?

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    A signal booster does help with reception. I use a couple of them. One where the rooftop coax downlead enters the property and another near the TV. Without them the Freeview signal is virtually useless despite using wideband aerial.

I found out that my Digifusion FVRT 150 was giving a better signal on tuner 2 than tuner 1. You are able to switch the tuners in the setup programme. Presumably you can also do this with the 100 model.

6. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Wig - I note your location is Manchester so presume you are also using the Winter Hill transmitters. If you get fair to good freeview reception on a STB then you should be OK with a Digifusion PVR.